Living History website

Still in its initial stages, website of the group I am involved with:

www.birminghampals.com

Updates in progress as in more info and pictures.

Cheers.

GM

Hi Melchett,

Thanks for the link.

Any of your guys previously members of "The West Midlands Re-Enactment Group", maybe 25 years (bugger, hadn't realised how long ago that was until that moment!). 8O

We used to meet in the Globe Pub in Handsworth...

Best Regards,

b-flat

Looking crisp Melchy, look forward to more :D

b_flat said:
Hi Melchett,

Thanks for the link.

Any of your guys previously members of "The West Midlands Re-Enactment Group", maybe 25 years (bugger, hadn't realised how long ago that was until that moment!). 8O

Best Regards,

b-flat
Not sure b_flat, well before my time. A lot of the guys were American Civil War re-enactors (with brummy accents!) prior to this.

I have to say that 'Pte Cook' looks like he actually served a few years on the Somme!

Nice pics tho' GM.

General Melchett said:
b_flat said:
Hi Melchett,

Thanks for the link.

Best Regards,

b-flat
Not sure b_flat, well before my time. A lot of the guys were American Civil War re-enactors (with brummy accents!) prior to this.
Hi Melchett,

Easy mistake (for me) to make on the internet. For some reason I always assume anyone with a reasonable grasp of english, and capable of wide frames of reference, is older than I. Must stop doing that. Sadly. :D

Brummie Yanks and Rebs are certainly possibles for the old WMRG, as it was mainly WWII, but Civil War (in those days) was what you did when you got a small family, as they are far more family orientated.

Kirby Hall was always an eyeopener for the way other periods went about handling things like small children. I remember the Vikings hammering a stake into the ground, and tying a length of rope to it with a small child at the other end.

And you tell the kids that today, and they just wouldn't believe you :D

Best Regards,

b_flat

Certa