Living History website

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by General Melchett, Jul 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Still in its initial stages, website of the group I am involved with:

Updates in progress as in more info and pictures.

2. Hi Melchett,

Thanks for the link.

Any of your guys previously members of "The West Midlands Re-Enactment Group", maybe 25 years (bugger, hadn't realised how long ago that was until that moment!). 8O

We used to meet in the Globe Pub in Handsworth...

Best Regards,

3. Looking crisp Melchy, look forward to more :D
  4. PM sent Sir.
  5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Not sure b_flat, well before my time. A lot of the guys were American Civil War re-enactors (with brummy accents!) prior to this.
  6. I have to say that 'Pte Cook' looks like he actually served a few years on the Somme!

Nice pics tho' GM.
  7. Hi Melchett,

Easy mistake (for me) to make on the internet. For some reason I always assume anyone with a reasonable grasp of english, and capable of wide frames of reference, is older than I. Must stop doing that. Sadly. :D

Brummie Yanks and Rebs are certainly possibles for the old WMRG, as it was mainly WWII, but Civil War (in those days) was what you did when you got a small family, as they are far more family orientated.

Kirby Hall was always an eyeopener for the way other periods went about handling things like small children. I remember the Vikings hammering a stake into the ground, and tying a length of rope to it with a small child at the other end.

And you tell the kids that today, and they just wouldn't believe you :D

Best Regards,