• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Living History website

Hi Melchett,

Thanks for the link.

Any of your guys previously members of "The West Midlands Re-Enactment Group", maybe 25 years (bugger, hadn't realised how long ago that was until that moment!). 8O

We used to meet in the Globe Pub in Handsworth...

Best Regards,

b-flat

b_flat said:
Hi Melchett,

Thanks for the link.

Any of your guys previously members of "The West Midlands Re-Enactment Group", maybe 25 years (bugger, hadn't realised how long ago that was until that moment!). 8O

Best Regards,

b-flat
Not sure b_flat, well before my time. A lot of the guys were American Civil War re-enactors (with brummy accents!) prior to this.

General Melchett said:
b_flat said:
Hi Melchett,

Thanks for the link.

Best Regards,

b-flat
Not sure b_flat, well before my time. A lot of the guys were American Civil War re-enactors (with brummy accents!) prior to this.
Hi Melchett,

Easy mistake (for me) to make on the internet. For some reason I always assume anyone with a reasonable grasp of english, and capable of wide frames of reference, is older than I. Must stop doing that. Sadly. :D

Brummie Yanks and Rebs are certainly possibles for the old WMRG, as it was mainly WWII, but Civil War (in those days) was what you did when you got a small family, as they are far more family orientated.

Kirby Hall was always an eyeopener for the way other periods went about handling things like small children. I remember the Vikings hammering a stake into the ground, and tying a length of rope to it with a small child at the other end.

And you tell the kids that today, and they just wouldn't believe you :D

Best Regards,

b_flat

Certa

Latest Threads