livers in do we have tenancy rights

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by armadillo, Mar 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One for the RMPs,

found out the QM entered my room without permission today, it was locked and he just let himself in. Checked orders and no mention of it in there prewarning.

I was under the impression that we were covered by the tenancy and landlord act 1985,

Before I gob off at him, do I have any tenancy rights?

I am living unaccompanied at present, didnt realise this thing still goes on...
  2. Unless there is a well publicised request, or a risk to health/well being then the QM must request that you accompany them to the accommodation. They are not allowed unfetered access.
  3. You're going to "gob off" at the QM? Good luck fella.
  4. well not exactly, but a quiet one in his shell like possibly, I am after the correct legislation to put in front of him. Instead of arguing with people its best to educate.

Next mess meeting it will be brought up quietly,
  5. It's best to be a bit more subtle than that. Whether he's living in a pad or the block, boot his door down and casually stroll in with yer hands in yer skies, whistling jauntily (the Irish National Anthem's a good choice). When he asks you what's going on, just tell him that since he was in your gaff, you decided to have a butcher's around his.

6. you crack me up bugsy, subtlety is not in your dictionary, seriously I just want to know the correct legal spiel
  7. [​IMG]

Hope this helps.

8. It use to be

"Not a problem sir, I after all get this room at a very low rate, and couldnt hope to find a bed and facilities like this for anything like it on the outside, and I also swore an oath, so feel free to inspect the accommodation you are in fact responsible for as and when"

Or has the army change that much, that a soldier now questions a QM?
  9. Possibly not the QM however from personal experiance various things have gone missing around the blocks when their subordinates have got hold of the keys.
  10. Do not want someone walking round my house uninvited. QM is a bloke in uniform,just a bloke, just because I am living in does not mean I dont have a right to privacy.

As for subordinates nicking stuff, seen it happen far too often.

I am not a happy bunny about this, are we covered legally to respond
  11. Why did he go in?
  12. bring back the 10 man rooms.

bunch of puffs.
  13. Do you have a copy of the tenancy agreement? Itll have your rights as a tennant and his rights to access. Wht do you mean you didnt sign one???
  14. At ours; accom civvies, QM/RQMS, fire service and a few other people have access to the grots.

Accom civvies go round once a week to run the taps and let the water/legionella bacteria people do their checks.

QM/RQMS or Rep goes round with the master keys and a SSM to check rooms when someone hasn't bothered turning in for work. (Then we phone the RMP, Local Police, hospitals then local slappers.) :)

Trumpton come round with their master keys to let drunks, that actually made it back to camp but lost their keys en route, into their rooms.

I go round with the master keys to lock up after the builders/decorators/contractors have finished on a Friday afternoon as the accom civvies have already knocked off.

Normally try to have someone from the wing present, failing that, another singly. (It is quite an eye opener seeing the different states some people leave their rooms in - I have seen a one bloke kicked out of SLAM and made to live in transit due to being a grot.)
  15. There is no rule of law that says that a landlord may not exercise any right of entry he reserves. A tenant must of course not be harassed. Apart from that he has a right to quiet enjoyment, but that right needs to be read as if it were qualified by any right reserved that allows the landlord to enter, so long as he behaves reasonably. It is not easy to say what is reasonable. Since the exercise of the right is not dependent upon a court saying it can be exercised there must be circumstances, apart from a case of genuine emergency, where it is not unreasonable for a landlord to enter without consent and even where consent is refused, but it is a brave landlord who thinks he knows what the circumstances are.

For Landlord read CO - the QM acts on their behalf in all things