Liverpool 'handled' Mansfiel quite well did'nt they?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Letterwritingman, Jan 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You have to hand it to Liverpool they got their win! Should there be though a system of "is there any reason why I can't award this...." type of referal?

2. Play to the whistle.Ref doesn't have the benefit of blah,blah.

3. Could have been worse, he could have taken to the field with a blood capsule in his sock with the premeditated intent of cheating ^~

• Like Like x 1
  4. Are Liverpool allowed to handle the cups they win? I have a nighmare scenario where we find the FA Cup fenced.

5. Dunno mate, anyone from the FA on here to answer that one?

6. Traditionally,the winners of a Cup Final are handed the cup,which they traditionally pick up and shake vigorously.Phil Thompson famously left European Cup in a Kirkby Pub.....and picked it up again next day.There's that word again.

7. ^Remember listening to the results of the 6 Nations (probably still 5 back then) on a PRC320, in the depths of southern Chile, on expedition with Raleigh International (sorry for going OT) in 1995 - believe England won the trophy then, but can't quite remember.

8. Mansfield manager Paul Cox refused to condemn Suarez, saying: "Their second goal, that's when you need a referee or a linesman to spot those kind of things. I don't think he did anything wrong. It was instinctive centre forward play.
    "I don't want to say anything bad about him because he is a fabulous talent, and if the shoe was on the other foot then we would have taken it. But when you've officials at that level, you expect them to pick up on it, but they are only human."

Shit happens.