• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Liverpool - European Capital of Culture!

Yes folks, today Liverpool became European Capital of Culture (and who thought Liverpool wouldn't get anything in Europe this season boom boom!).

So, apart from thieving hubcaps and being on the dole, what do members consider to be other aspects of Scouse culture the deserve celebrating?

Most of the people inteviewed on TV seem to think that having Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney tip up for an event is cultural...

:?

Can't think why - if Liverpool is so great how come the Beatles fu**ed off out of it as soon as they could?

Rodney2q

Airfix said:
Yes folks, today Liverpool became European Capital of Culture (and who thought Liverpool wouldn't get anything in Europe this season boom boom!).

So, apart from thieving hubcaps and being on the dole, what do members consider to be other aspects of Scouse culture the deserve celebrating?
Scouse culture?? That's an oxymoron in anyone's books.

As for celebrating something, perhaps Giro day might be appropriate. :D

daz said:
Airfix said:

Scouse culture?? That's an oxymoron in anyone's books.

As for celebrating something, perhaps Giro day might be appropriate. :D
Isn't there a song about that..... (to the tune of 'You are my sunshine...) :roll:

You are a Scouser
A Fcuking Scouser
You're only happy
On Giro day
Your Mum's out stealing
Your dad's out dealing
Please don't steal
My hubcaps away!

That headline gets less and less funny each time I read it. My God, as a continent we produced Albinoni, Beethoven, Chaucer and Michelangelo. We civilised most of the globe and raised human achievement to hitherto unimagined heights.

And the best we can do now is Liverpool?! Christ, I need a drink...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Airfix said:

This year, when your wheels are nicked, you'll find your car balanced on library books, rather than bricks.

Boom! Tish!

Has anyone else walked past St George's hall yet today? The stage and screen etc for tonights opening ceremony has been constructed of old iso containers, i sh*t you not, no only does it look awful it doesnt look particuarly safe either.

I cant help thinking that if Liverpool was such a wonderful city with such a fantastic atmosphere and full of wonderful people, Rhys Jone's killer would have been brought to justice by now

drain_sniffer said:
I cant help thinking that if Liverpool was such a wonderful city with such a fantastic atmosphere and full of wonderful people, Rhys Jone's killer would have been brought to justice by now
How is the Jack the Ripper enquiry going, oh and how many kids have been shot/stabbed in London over the last year.

Grownup_Rafbrat said:
Airfix said:

This year, when your wheels are nicked, you'll find your car balanced on library books, rather than bricks.
Stolen ones, presumably. Nice one, G-R. Not sure about the culture bit, apart from the Walker Art Gallery and the Phil, but it's still a great place to go out on the p*ss, with some of the prettiest women I've ever seen, and the 'crack' is terrific. It really is the Witty City.

From somebody who was at the people's launch party last night, I can tell you it was fantastic!

The constant slagging off of Liverpool doesn't bother me, it means there is still a whole lot of jealousy flying about. The longer we are being spoken about the better!

Wouldn't it be brilliant if everybody posting on this forum could insert their own hometown with a reason why it offers more culture and is more deserving than Liverpool? Perhaps also include the last time they visited Liverpool, and what they did when they were here besides going on the lash! (Probably won't happen though!)

CLICK HERE - Liverpool 08

Latest Threads