Liverpool - European Capital of Culture!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Airfix, Jan 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes folks, today Liverpool became European Capital of Culture (and who thought Liverpool wouldn't get anything in Europe this season boom boom!).

So, apart from thieving hubcaps and being on the dole, what do members consider to be other aspects of Scouse culture the deserve celebrating?

2. Most of the people inteviewed on TV seem to think that having Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney tip up for an event is cultural...

:?

Can't think why - if Liverpool is so great how come the Beatles fu**ed off out of it as soon as they could?

Rodney2q

3. Come on the crawl and I will be glad to show you :wink:

4. daz

daz LE

Scouse culture?? That's an oxymoron in anyone's books.

As for celebrating something, perhaps Giro day might be appropriate. :D

5. John Lennon Airport

Attached Files:

6. Isn't there a song about that..... (to the tune of 'You are my sunshine...) :roll:

You are a Scouser
    A Fcuking Scouser
    You're only happy
    On Giro day
    Your Mum's out stealing
    Your dad's out dealing
    Please don't steal
    My hubcaps away!

7. msr

msr LE

8. That headline gets less and less funny each time I read it. My God, as a continent we produced Albinoni, Beethoven, Chaucer and Michelangelo. We civilised most of the globe and raised human achievement to hitherto unimagined heights.

And the best we can do now is Liverpool?! Christ, I need a drink...

9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

This year, when your wheels are nicked, you'll find your car balanced on library books, rather than bricks.

Boom! Tish!

10. I presume you mean Wirral or Wirral Peninsula?

11. Has anyone else walked past St George's hall yet today? The stage and screen etc for tonights opening ceremony has been constructed of old iso containers, i sh*t you not, no only does it look awful it doesnt look particuarly safe either.

12. at least we know the rest of europe has a wicked sense of humour.

13. Or just damned low self-esteem.

14. I cant help thinking that if Liverpool was such a wonderful city with such a fantastic atmosphere and full of wonderful people, Rhys Jone's killer would have been brought to justice by now