Liverpool burglars target footballers

Steven Gerrard has become the sixth Liverpool footballer in a year-and-a-half to be targeted by burglars while playing for the club or away on international duty or holiday.
The Liverpool captain's home in Formby was broken into while he was away in France for the club's Champions League match against Marseille.

Striker Dirk Kuyt was burgled in November while he was on international duty with his home country Holland.

The 27-year-old became the fifth Liverpool footballer to be targeted by thieves in less than 18 months.

Merseyside Police confirmed following the incident that they were investigating the burglary at the luxury house in Woolton.

Pepe Reina was burgled in May while he played for Liverpool in the Champions League semi-final against Chelsea.

Spanish international Reina, 24, had saved two out of three spot kicks in a penalty shoot-out against Chelsea at Anfield to help take Liverpool through to the Champions League final.

But he returned from celebrating the win in the early hours of the following morning to find his home in Woolton, Liverpool, had been ransacked.

The player's Porsche Cayenne was taken, along with a number of other valuable items, including paperwork, jewellery and an entertainment system.
The home of Jerzy Dudek, Liverpool's former goalkeeper, was burgled in June 2006.

Dudek, who left the club for Real Madrid this summer, was on holiday in Poland when his Porsche car, jewellery and a large haul of football memorabilia, including his European Cup medal, were all stolen.

A 20-year-old man was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in a young offenders' institution in December 2006 after pleading guilty to the break-in, and seven others. Five of these were at homes of Premiership footballers.

His other victims were Liverpool's Peter Crouch and Daniel Agger, Florent Sinama-Pongolle who had been on loan at Anfield, and Everton's Tony Hibbert and Andy Van der Meyde.
The home of Jerzy Dudek, Liverpool's former goalkeeper, was burgled in June 2006.

Danish defender Daniel Agger had his Wirral home burgled in September 2006 and striker Peter Crouch's house in Alderley Edge was targeted in the same month while he was on England duty.

The question is - Is anyone even slightly surprised?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Nope, nor bothered neither. As long as they are robbing these over-paid numskulls, they aren't robbing someone who could ill-afford to be robbed.

Just think, the robbers could go back every month, and there'd be thousands more available in stolen goods, if you like footballs, jewellry and fancy cars that is.

These scouse scallywags should be called Robin Hood.

They are very vulnerable aren't they? Everyone knows when they are out of town. Even if they are playing at home, scallywags would know they'd be busy for 90 mins!

Wishful_Thinking said:
They are very vulnerable aren't they? Everyone knows when they are out of town. Even if they are playing at home, scallywags would know they'd be busy for 90 mins!
How much can it cost to get a big hairy neandethal type to baby sit your house when you aren't there?

A minscule percentage of what these primadonnas get paid.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Steven said:
How much can it cost to get a big hairy neandethal type to baby sit your house when you aren't there?
About £15 an hour or £6 if you go the direct labour route. A couple hundred quid a day to 3 lads on 3 shifts? As opposed to HOW MUCH to kick a football around?

Say £10k to make a house so secure you'd need a CAT D9 to get in, then a couple of grand to Broughton Controls for a CAT D9 stopper?

Nah, sorry. Poor auld coffin dodgers on sink estates losing their pension get my sympathy. Not these ponces.

I'm an Everton fan so this is great news.

Some tried robbing Ducan Fergason's place a few years back. He smacked them around a bit and then sat on them untill plod arrived. The leason is don't try and steal from a 6"4' mental Glaswigian with a record for assault.

You mean they have burglars in Liverpool?

Steven said:
Wishful_Thinking said:

Yeah, course they wouldn't think of nicking anything would they. :roll:

Wishful_Thinking said:
Steven said:
Wishful_Thinking said:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes you mean?

An age old problem not just suffered by Liverpool ball kickers.

Wishful_Thinking said:
Steven said:
Wishful_Thinking said:

If i was on the money Steve Gerrard is on i would employ one of three types of people.

Ex Them - Expensive often drunk but capable
Known nasty bastard - Expensive but keeps the little fish at bay
Eastern Block former KGB death squad type - Buy him a house but pay him minimum wage. Let him bury the evidence, etc.

I'm sure Gerrards missus could have a word with one of her special friends to get her extensive collection of Elizebeth Duke tom foolery back

BigT said:
I'm sure Gerrards missus could have a word with one of her special friends to get her extensive collection of Elizebeth Duke tom foolery back
"Who's that jizzing over your bird, is he a gangster? Is he a gangster?"

That was one of the funniest football chants i ever heard!

Being an old fecker I can remeber when some scrote burgled Henry Coopers house and got a few digs from the big fella prior to arrest, he was quoted as saying how suprised he was to be confonted by Henry as he had timed the job for when question of sport was on tv.

bobath said:

Some tried robbing Ducan Fergason's place a few years back. He smacked them around a bit and then sat on them untill plod arrived. The leason is don't try and steal from a 6"4' mental Glaswigian with a record for assault.
The son of the tw~t who big Dunc filled in crashed a stolen ambulance into my car a week after leaving the army last year and despite writing off mine and 9 other cars in the street the little shit got away with it!!!

So Dunc if you are reading this, I take some satisfaction from knowing that you punched fcuk out of the little sh*ts dad, I only wish you had 1. Killed the cu*t 2. Done it before he had the chance to get his end away with the spu*k recepticle who gave birth to his joyriding son.

Wishful_Thinking said:
WHAT? Try watching any game and see who's the busiest over the 90 minutes. It's the referee! The rest of them have 10 second dashes, get their shirt pulled then fall down trying to make out they've been hit by a fuking JCB! One or 2 of them (Gerrard included) do a bit more than the 10 second dash but generally, if they're not busy standing about gobbing all over the pitch, they're busy trying to kick lumps out of each other and conning the referee!

BUSY? You're having a laugh! :muhaha:

Mag_to_grid said:
bobath said:

The son of the tw~t who big Dunc filled in crashed a stolen ambulance into my car a week after leaving the army last year and despite writing off mine and 9 other cars in the street the little s*** got away with it!!!

So Dunc if you are reading this, I take some satisfaction from knowing that you punched fcuk out of the little sh*ts dad, I only wish you had 1. Killed the cu*t 2. Done it before he had the chance to get his end away with the spu*k recepticle who gave birth to his joyriding son.
The little scrote tride to have Dunc charged with assault but the CPS kicked it into touch

BigT said:
Mag_to_grid said:
bobath said:

The son of the tw~t who big Dunc filled in crashed a stolen ambulance into my car a week after leaving the army last year and despite writing off mine and 9 other cars in the street the little s*** got away with it!!!

The little scrote tride to have Dunc charged with assault but the CPS kicked it into touch
For once the CPS actually saw sense there. Wish I had of been there to give Dunc a hand.