Liver and bacon anyone?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Danny_Dravot, Apr 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If only executed prisoners in the UK could benefit society in this way.
  2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Bloody whinging gits. One minute we hear them complaining theres not enough organs for transplant then this. Like most of us really give a toss what happens after we're dead.
  3. are they transported in a lovely onion gravy :?: :?: :?: :?:
  4. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I liked the claim about the prisoners being tissued matched before they even go to trial!
  5. Pretty sure we used to use the bodies of executed murderers for medical research in the 17 - 1800's.

If the person involved says yes then there is no problem. What is a bit of a problem is the suspicion that some of those on death row are moved forward, sometimes with no last visits from family, to "accomodate" the transplant operation (Any one seen the film "The Island"?). I think there was mention of a few non-death row prisoners also, shall we say, being put in a position where they could donate their organs also.

Organs are now big business. Over in Brazil there are gangs scooping eyes out of people to sell for the corneas (I think). It is a situation that needs to be looked at. As it involves the greatest of motivators (life for the recipient, large amounts of cash for the provider) and the greatest of downsides to the "doner".
  6. ill have two kidneys and a portion of flied lice you plick!!
  7. Good job this trend hasn't hit the uk yet - you could win your appeal at the first stage get no compo and leave prison minus your testicles / kidneys and what ever else they transplant.
  8. ...and catch MRSA while in the hospital!
  9. nah the hospital would close before it got to court!!
  10. This aint new the chinese up the road from me do a nice line in human organs every friday night. Cat Dog and horse as well,
  11. whats wrong with taking organs from executed people. If they're being executed in the first place, you have to assume they are guilty of a bad crime. In this case the only useful thing to do with them is to chop them up and sell them for a good purpose.