Live8 Concert - Ebay Ticket Touts

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Percy, Jun 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just finished watching Bob Geldoff (rightly) ranting on BBC News about the sale of tickets for his Live8 concert on ebay.

Curiosity led me to searching Ebay and imagine my surprise when I found the following G8 item.

:oops:

G8 Fashion Wear

2. Did it fit correctly??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. cheep at half the price.

have to put your own black and nasty over the air inlet valve though

4. Nice to see some good old honest profiteering going on

Ebay

Live8 my arrse.

5. On a similar note, a mate of mine has an "anonymous" mobile number (I don't know how that works but I don't question it) and he texted this girl he knows, telling her that she's won Live8 tickets after she entered the competition :twisted:

7. Aye, the Mail (I read it in the library for the crossword; it's either that or The Sun) said today that Geldof seems to be getting a bit too full of himself, publicly commanding the formation of massive gigs and calling upon the Pope and the Dalai Lama to do their bit, as if they're "normal" personalities.

8. Geldof must be thicker than I imagined - as soon as it was known you needed (free) tickets for the concert, I thought, "'ere we go - British enterprise will show itself in true fashion."... pillock!

9. Just heard on the news at six that Ebay are removing all G8 tickets for sale. Took there bloody time about it.

10. Did he actually believe that the tickets were never going to be touted on E Bay. What is he going to do about the touts outside the venue or with other ticket agencies. Fine of E Bay to withdraw auctions for them but they will still be touted. I appreciate that the tickets are free and are aimed as a demonstration of support but E Bay is full of overpriced tickets.

Not saying E Bay should stop it all though. Oasis, Sheperds Bush; I made 430% profit selling a ticket on E Bay. Get in there!

12. The fecking pillock demanded a worldwide ban on EBay selling the tickets!

WHO THE FOOK IS HE TO TELL PEOPLE NOT TO SELL THEM???

It's his monster, he should be prepared to deal with it when it rears it's ugly head.

Prick of the no1 category!

PS, mods i appologise for the profanities but he really grips my sh1t!!!! :lol:

13. Hear Hear! It is alleged that Saint Bob can't be bothered to ensure that his ex bandmates receive the money they are due from their 'Boomtown Rats' days yet he's more than happy to espouse on money and where it should be going!

14. Its supply and demand.

Most people want to go to a free concert and dont give two Sh*ts for the plight of the starving millions.

So if someone wants to sell a ticket, fair play.

If they diddnt see this one coming then they are more stupid than I thought. Mind you these are the same clowns who think that you can change Africa without regime change.

15. I couldn't agree more, just how naive is Geldorf?
    It really pissed me off that ebay succumbed to his demands.