Live Within Your Means

A gobment voice has said that it is you...the average bloke that is responsible for the horrendous debts of this nation that "taxes" the minds of the gobment. You my friend borrowed and mortgaged beyond your means. How say you? Are you responsible? Did you borrow beyond your means? Are you living on credit cards? If so why is this so? Can't you just rein in your spending?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
A gobment voice has said that it is you...the average bloke that is responsible for the horrendous debts of this nation that "taxes" the minds of the gobment. You my friend borrowed and mortgaged beyond your means. How say you? Are you responsible? Did you borrow beyond your means? Are you living on credit cards? If so why is this so? Can't you just reign in your spending?
Err how much money have they spunked up to foreign countries?
They have of course been prudent with expenses. cnuts.

Here was me thinking it was businesses run by the friends of politicians who'd been living institutionally beyond their means that were the root of the problem. Here, it was me and the £12,000 left on my mortgage all along.

D'you think they can ever forgive me?

A gobment voice has said that it is you...the average bloke that is responsible for the horrendous debts of this nation that "taxes" the minds of the gobment. You my friend borrowed and mortgaged beyond your means. How say you? Are you responsible? Did you borrow beyond your means? Are you living on credit cards? If so why is this so? Can't you just reign in your spending?
Are you on drugs?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Here was me thinking it was businesses run by the friends of politicians who'd been living institutionally beyond their means that were the root of the problem. Here, it was me and the £12,000 left on my mortgage all along.

D'you think they can ever forgive me?
I bet you even paid interest that they kept.

Fair Cop,Guv.

It was me,I admit to it all.

Please make sure I get at least 5 years without remission,so that I can take advantage of 3 squares a day,nice warm cell,Sky TV,Instant medical treatment,free gym membership,nice library,OU degree courses,free broadband internet access.

Mr A OAP :bow:

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
There's an old saying - robbing Peter to pay Paul will always get Paul's vote. That's exactly what politicians have been doing for years - it's just the G Brown did it to manic levels, in order to cement the client votes.

It worked - there are tens of millions of them, and we're paying for the privilege.

Surely the banks have to bear responsibility for lending zillions to people whose sole assets were a pair of worn underpants?

They had to lend to someone - WTF?

It's the bastard that put uni fees up that's going to throw me and the teenage rug rats into debt.Tesco value aisle here I come for the next 2 years.At least I do it knowing they have sent money to countries that don't want our dosh,and that all the polkiticians will be taking all the fiddles they can,while we slave until we fall over.

A gobment voice has said that it is you...the average bloke that is responsible for the horrendous debts of this nation that "taxes" the minds of the gobment.
To quote a different, and former government voice "My response would be both spherical and plural."

The trillion quid debt Gordon left behind was almost all down to profligate waste. Billions spunked on global warming in his last few weeks in power alone. Free BMWs for Biffs. Unlimited housing benefit so asylum seekers could live in mansions in Westminster. A million extra civil servants to massage the unemployment figures.

That lot doesn't come cheap.

It's the bastard that put uni fees up that's going to throw me and the teenage rug rats into debt.
No it won't. Your student loan costs you nothing until you earn over £23,000 (I think) and gets cancelled after 30 (again, from memory) years if you've not repaid it. The banks don't treat it as normal debt either, so I'm told.

B

Biscuits_AB

If people hadn't been willing to pay £300,000 for a two up two down in Middlesborough because Sarah Bigtits told them they could repaint the living room and stick a new toilet in and sell it for £500,000 they wouldn't be so fucked now.

Brits (in general) have ridden the wave of cheap credit for years. The banks were stupid for lending them the money but no ****** put a gun against their head and forced them to beg for more money than they can count up to to buy a hovel.

Whatever happened to the 'if you can't afford, it you can't have it' way of thinking ? If you want sth you save up for it.

B

Biscuits_AB

If people hadn't been willing to pay £300,000 for a two up two down in Middlesborough because Sarah Bigtits told them they could repaint the living room and stick a new toilet in and sell it for £500,000 they wouldn't be so fucked now.
You were doing well...right up until you mentioned the 'boro.