Live near LINCOLN ? Casting call - extras wanted for filming in May 2012

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Goatman, Apr 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

here y'go:

Edit: Casting Collective have been around a long time. What you see is what you get . They did the background people for , amongst others, Robin Hood, Green Zone and recently Warhorse.

Set in 1920s. Tattoos not an issue unless face/ is a plus but short/shaved may be hired....still looking for bodies....more the merrier - what's to lose?

2. "what's to lose?"

You've not been to Lincoln have you?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Have at you, you cad!!
  4. Lincoln's a good choice for filming something set in the 1920s............
  5. 1420s you mean.

6. One of the last places in the UK to get broadband. Scary place & scary people!
  7. Watch it - the Yellowbellies will be gunning for you!
  8. Me and my wife were extras in Our Friends in the North, it was great fun, we really enjoyed it.....

We were in the town hall election episode, set about 20 years earlier, we had a few months warning so I let my hair grow and was rewarded with a CAF 1970s blue 3 piece Moss Bros suit, and got in the scene where Gina McKie walks past me and a plod.

At the dinner break a few of us went AWOL for a few scoops in a boozer round the corner, dressed up like refugees from Saturday Night Fever.... mind you it was Jarra, so I don't think we looked out of place.
  9. depends where said yellow bellies are from in this ******* massive county of ours, i am from the swampy bit and think the hill people (them wrong uns from lincoln) live in a pikey infested slum shit hole of a city the place is a dump :)

10. Hark, the monster from black lagoon speaks.
    I'm not a native, and don't live in the city (just nearby in a rural bit), but atleast they don't wear wooden over coats, have 6 fingers or get breast fed my their sisters.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

12. Well, parts of it are, like any British city these days - the 'asylum-seeker' hellhole near Monks Road, for instance. But ohhhhhh, that cathedral! And the castle ain't half bad, either. All in all, there are worse places to live in in England.
  13. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

yes, I was there in September last year - the SSAFA Ride of Britain leg from Harrogate finished up in Lincoln.

We were booked into the Holiday Inn by the river which was fine - and the staff were a lot friendlier than some of the other shebeens we stayed at....

Good luck to those who sign up for this - be interested to hear how it goes.
  14. If ever you find yourself there again, try Browns Pie Shop on Steep Hill, near the cathedral. Don't be put off by the humble name: it serves some of the best food in the county, at reasonable prices.