Live inside M25? Ken has his eye on your wallet!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Fiji_Bob, Oct 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if anyone has heard but I was shocked when I found out today that Ken plans to extend his money grabbing car taxes to all of greater London Feb 08 :omg: with a Low Emissions Zone that basically applies to all inside the M25! :omg:

LEZ info here

So much for London Mayor it seems he has moved, like all good dictators to expanding his sphere of influence while no one was watching? :x

Kept that quiet hasn't he? :x

For now it applies to vans and large vehicles ,but once this is set up how long before their greed has moved them onto to car drivers? :pissedoff: Once the technology is in place how easy will it be to use it for a new congestion charge for the same area? :pissedoff:

Oh and dont forget if you are a resident you only get 90% off and have to pay £10 a year to register! :shakefist: :pissedoff:

It seems TFL have used data held by DVLA to asses if your vehicle complies with brother Ken's edict and you can check by putting in your reg, but ominously it says you should check back periodically! :pissedoff:

I was wondering what the cameras where going up on roads near me, talk about 1984. :omg:

Oh and think it wont matter to you if your not on big brother Ken's list? well what do you think delivers all you eat, sleep, read and wear? Up goes the cost of living again! :x :pissedoff:
  2. I feel I might have to move!
  3. Ken is the Lizard King…………..he must be defeated
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

The LEZ has been planned for sometime (2 years or so IIRC) and is meant to apply to commercial vehicles only, but yes given his track record I could see him whacking this on to private transport as well.

I was wondering what the new cameras sprouting up on arterial access routes were, but presumed that they were a new type of GATSO!

Far, far more worrying is his intention to impose a 20Mph speed limit throughout most of London, with portable wireless speed cameras to enforce it. This would effective bring London to far more of a standstill than it already is!
  5. Are these the multiple cameras that are mounted on long arm extensions near me on the North Circ? I was unsure of what they were!

Ken will not just be happy until we are back to a horse and cart. :x

6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Them's the babies; grey things, one per lane with 2 lenses on each.
  7. Cheers Grem, I now feel violated by Ken. Perhaps I should bring a civil action for infringement of my few remaining civil liberties?

I can only say that I think that the man is a waste of skin and organs :p

8. Its going to cost small companies a fortune or drive them out of some of their business. No vehicle doing deliveries into the M25 over 4 years old is going to be eligible to go in because of the emissions it produces. Great if you are BT, Costains etc who get new fleets every few years to offset against tax but lousy if you are a small business. Bloke I know has the choice of shelling out £85k on a new vehicle or spending £45k on a second hand one. And then the same again in another 4 years.

It's bound to be put on private vehicles later on.
  9. How dare you? 'The Lizard King' ('Crawling King Snake') was a great man.
    Red Ken is just a tawt.
  10. Excuse my ignorance, but when must we cheer on BoJo? Are Red Ken's days numbered?
  11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

The thing is he is elected and the electorate can get rid of him any time they like. If they are too stupid to do anything about him then they deserve all they get.

London, great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
  12. Use the Data Protection Act to request a copy of the recording from every camera you pass every day.

They are, I believe, obliged to provide a copy of all recordings from video camera to a person who requests them if they believe that they have been filmed.

If everyone did this then the system would grind to a halt.
  13. London is not a good place to live anymore.

The 'cultural enrichment' and 'diversity in unity' that politicians like to spout about are the sounds of the final death knell for a once great city.
  14. Am I the only one to snigger when I read LEZ?

Ah well, can't afford a taxi I'll wait for a bus.
  15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Greetings from The Peoples Republic Of Northumbria to our opressed brothers and sisters in the M25 Congestion and Stealth Tax Zone. We empathise, we really do.

Just last week me and the Missus paid almost £3 for a pot of tea and 2 cheese scones. And last time I drove along this road...

I counted as many as two tractors and some sheep. I may write to my MP about it.