Live debate Gen Jackson grills Defence Secretary

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Killaloe, Sep 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Sun is streaming a live debate where families of injured Folk & Gen Sir Mike Jackson are grilling Ainsworth.
    THE families of fallen soldiers are challenging the Government this lunchtime over its shameful treatment of British troops.
    The Sun has set up an emergency debate on the war in Afghanistan — and we are streaming it live now on the TV player below.

Defence Secretary Bob Ainsworth will be held to account at the open fringe meeting at the Labour conference.

He will be questioned at Brighton's Holiday Inn by wounded Afghanistan veterans and soldiers' families about his failure to get enough decent equipment to the frontline.

Mr Ainsworth will come face-to-face with ex-ministerial aide Eric Joyce who quit last month in protest over the Government's shoddy treatment of our servicemen and women.

General Sir Mike Jackson, the former head of the Army, will be on a distinguished panel who will take questions from the floor.

The hour-long debate is open to all.

Yesterday a giant poster advertising the event was paraded along Brighton's seafront. It featured our famous "Don't you know there's a bloody war on?" front page bearing the faces of 207 war dead.
  2. That'll be one of the architects of the Helmand Deployment then... :roll:
  3. Jackson and Joyce on one side, and Ainsworth on the other - tough choice folks.

Who is going to read or listen to these people? A useless, self-satisfied, posing, over-promoted, destroyer of the regimental system; a third-rate 'chancer' and disloyal 'oik', and Ainsworth - what a line-up.

Is this meeting of the scrapings from the bottom of the military and political barrels being paid for by the BBC (Proprietor: P. Mandelson) licence fee?

PS: I'm tempted to say: 'C'mon Ainsworth', but he wouldn't understand.
  4. What you all said
  5. Like the rest of them (Dannatt excluded).

He's all noise now that he's comfortably out the way. How is that nice big fat pension that toe-ing the party line earned you Sir Mike?
  6. Yeah, cheers. I'd rather poke wasps up me arse. (I've copied your avatar though! :D )