"Live by the Sun, die by the Sun"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, May 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A good article in the Torygraph today, pointing out that Bliar's obsession with his own personal celebrity status will inevitably backfire. I look forward to the next PMQs when the Tories could perhaps shout "five times a night" across the floor and Bliar is struggling to answer a question. I think he'll end up far more ridiculed than John Major and hopefully this will contribute to his dodgy ticker! :twisted:

Free subscription access needed

2. Sadly it is true. However, BLiar is not stupid and has got a third term as he was quick to realise that the majority of this country is stupid. He realised that they can be manipulated by simply appearing as a celeb and winning the personality war.

The death of serious political debate? ....I don't know. Oooh is he wearing a Prada suit?

3. How can you have a serious political debate if he keeps chucking his majority whip around and reaches for the Parliament Act at the drop of a stirrup cup??

His arrogance and self image were so beautifully dented by Reg Keays, so hubris is obviously coming home to roost.

As an aside, Reg Keays' pride in his son is very touching but I think his boy would be just as proud of his father and the amazing way he has conducted himself...well played Reg.

4. Hear, hear. It is a joy to see an honest man make BLiar look like the unprincipled despot he really is.