Live at EASE Helping ex-service personnel adjust to civilian life

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by memoryloss, Jun 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if someone has already posted this sincerely hope this is of some help

Live AT-EASE - Home

Welcome to Live At-Ease
    Helping ex-service personnel adjust to civilian life

Live At-Ease gives free, one-to-one support to anyone who's ever served in the armed forces.

You might be leaving the Army, Navy, Royal Air Force or Reserves tomorrow. You might be a veteran discharged 30 years ago. Or you might live with someone who needs help.

Whatever your situation, our dedicated Caseworkers are here for you and your family

SMS / Text: 07537 404535

Telephone: 0808 123 1 123

Postal address:

Live At-Ease,
    Room 44,
    Evans Business Centre,
    Manchester Rd,
    BL3 2NZ
  2. Where does your funding come from?
  3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

It's not a website that inspires confidence. No mention of anything beyond "working with the NHS" (justifying the NHS logo in the footer?), a business centre address, not a charity nor a company, and only the most vague information. Could be owned by Astral Public Service Ltd / Astral Training Ltd which don't have a web presence that I can find.
  4. Nice in-depth analysis of causalities there.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Plus I wonder what they think they can do that TRBL & SSAFA can't!
  6. Hi Jarrod it's not my charity; I got details from BBC north west news today you could try ringing them Telephone:0808 123 1 123 and they give you details etc
  7. sorry wrong number its Telephone: 0808 123 1 123
  8. I rang and was informed it is funded by the department of Heath
  9. No it made me suspicious too but I wasn't jumping in with both feet. It looks like they could be earning money for pretty much just signposting to other agencies - such as the NHS.
  10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

11. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

I have an interview for a job next week so i will able to advise...
  12. If it has the NHS logo that could lead some to automatically believe it is an NHS run org surely (I know I would think that). To echo a few of the other sentiments I'd stick with SSAFA/RBL and the various BF's. As for dealing with self medication do they have trained workers or do they have an MoU with the local PCT or others? Seems like money for old rope to be honest, but good luck to em.
  13. they are an NHS organisation who will not only put you in touch with various organisations but will actively casework you from start to finish. They are still in the early stages as yet but have had over 150 people through the door thus far and are making them selves know in the north west. Feel free to PM me for more info
  14. they are run by the NHS and yes they do sign post to various agencies thats the whole idea. Thet case work you from start to finish to make sure you get the right help from various organisations. They try to deal with all your problems not just one ie. you are unemployed, drinking, homeless and suffering with PTSD. They would guide you through the various people you need to see to deal with these problems. They have a veterans forum and are always looking for people to take part ive been to several meetings and have seen what they are all about and truly belive they will only get bigger as time goes by.