Litvinenko was killed by ... British secret services?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6706921.stm

The man suspected of poisoning ex-KGB agent Alexander Litvinenko in London last year has said the British secret service tried to recruit him.
Speaking at a Moscow press conference Andrei Lugovoi, who denies the charges, said he had been made a scapegoat.

Mr Lugovoi said MI6 had recruited Mr Litvinenko, who in turn tried to recruit him to collect information on Russian President Vladimir Putin.
He also said the poisoning could not have happened without some involvement from the British intelligence services.

"Even if [British special services] hadn't done it itself, it was done under its control or connivance," he said, adding he had evidence of this, without giving details.

Mr Lugovoi said either MI6, the Russian mafia, or fugitive Kremlin opponent Boris Berezovsky carried out the killing.

"The main role," however, "is played by the British special services and their agents," he said.

KGB_resident said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6706921.stm

The man suspected of poisoning ex-KGB agent Alexander Litvinenko in London last year has said the British secret service tried to recruit him.
Speaking at a Moscow press conference Andrei Lugovoi, who denies the charges, said he had been made a scapegoat.

Mr Lugovoi said MI6 had recruited Mr Litvinenko, who in turn tried to recruit him to collect information on Russian President Vladimir Putin.
He also said the poisoning could not have happened without some involvement from the British intelligence services.

"Even if [British special services] hadn't done it itself, it was done under its control or connivance," he said, adding he had evidence of this, without giving details.

Mr Lugovoi said either MI6, the Russian mafia, or fugitive Kremlin opponent Boris Berezovsky carried out the killing.

"The main role," however, "is played by the British special services and their agents," he said.
My bold, not like Mr Putin nudged someone to say something is it, (or disappear)

oldbaldy

LE
GeordieHussar said:
It wasnt me mam, it was that big bloke over there.
Is wis a big boy wi a stick. Ah was up the next close.

MI6 tries to recruit foreign national shock, horror!

I suppose we'll be to blame for Lugavoi's imminent disappearance... :roll:

Funny thing is the Rooskies still think that these soviet type propaganda fantasies will wash in the west. I can’t understand why they still think it’s the 1960s and this bullsh1t will be believed. Hellooooo…..

Shows a lack of imagination I guess.

Utter tosh.

So they want us to believe the British wanted incriminating information about Putin? Whatever for? He's got a year to run, and then someone else takes over. So why? It doesn't make sense. This is the classic "everyone around us is against us" mentality your lot always trot out. Elections next year, of course.

If the British were involved with killing him, why was he bumped with a radioisotope which is almost all made in Russia?

Far more likely, that like many other people who the Russian government doesn't like nowadays, he got rubbed out by them. Perhaps he knew too much about someone who might be President of Russia next. Who knows.

Bouillabaisse said:
MI6 and the Duke of Edinburgh killed Litvinenko because he was about to marry Putin's son.
Don't tell it to mrs.Putin, because she has only two daughters.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Bouillabaisse said:
MI6 and the Duke of Edinburgh killed Litvinenko because he was about to marry Putin's son.
Snotting coffee down my nose is not how I like to spend my mid-morning. Kindly stop it.

If he's got evidence that the Cousins were bothering him, all he has to do is bowl up in a British Court with it. Or ring the Sunday Times.

Besides, if MI6 or anyone else wanted to know what Litvinenko had on Putin they could read his books - or simply ask him? Because he was shouting it from the rooftops before they did for him.

codbutt said:
Utter tosh.

So they want us to believe the British wanted incriminating information about Putin? Whatever for? He's got a year to run, and then someone else takes over.
Many believe that the next Russian president would be a formal not real decision-maker. And in 2012 mr.Punit would be a president again. So any information (especially unpleasant) about mr.Putin is very valuable.

Of course he does - he is a product of the USSR and hasn't quite grasped the fact the world has moved on yet...

Ord_Sgt said:
Of course he does - he is a product of the USSR and hasn't quite grasped the fact the world has moved on yet...
I think you'll find, Ord_Sarge, that "products of the USSR" have a much clearer idea of what's going on in politics, since they're used to reading between the lines for the real deal. Our Sergey is certainly in that category.

MsG

Bugsy, if they're so good at reading between the lines in politics, why is KGB_resident agreeing with an absurd allegation that the British had anything to do with the assasination? You have to admit, what happened doesn't appear to help the Brits at all!

So are you saying that you also believe that their was British involvement in this, or we're you just saying that KGB_resident can be assumed to have good understanding of Politics?

codbutt said:
If the British were involved with killing him, why was he bumped with a radioisotope which is almost all made in Russia?

aye because when it comes to undertaking this type of act on the sly, there's really nothing as clever as utilising a self incriminating weapon.