little help please

hi just need a little info,can you get turned down for a job if you have bad eyesite ???
Only if it affects your spelling!

Sent from my iPhone using my ARRSE

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
"The minimum standards for both uncorrected and corrected vision are determined by service medical staff and are dependent on the proposed employment and branch/trade group. Spectacle or contact lens correction must not be greater than -7 dioptres or +8 dioptres in any meridian. Impaired colour perception (colour blindness) is not a bar to service, but may limit your career choices"

Lifted from this document http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/general/AFCO_Form5-U.pdf so yes bad eyesight might well eb a bar to joining.

I laughed my bollocks off when I read this thread. That might have also been because I just got home from the pub as well but even so! :)

I laughed my bollocks off when I read this thread. That might have also been because I just got home from the pub as well but even so! :)
Just back from the pub? Can I suggest an Egg Banjo?

Sorted with a couple of quarter pounders covered in melted cheese. I'm probably not going to make old bones but what the hell!

Latest Threads