little help please

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by newdawn, Mar 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi just need a little info,can you get turned down for a job if you have bad eyesite ???
  2. Only if it's due to excessive wanking, or if the job in question actually may involve you being able to see.
  3. cute very cute,but not helpful at all!!!!
  4. Unlike your question, which I found fascinating.

Go to bed, and try again tomorrow.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Would you want a blind surgeon performing a vasectomy on your delicate area?
  6. Hang on, I'll just get me glasses.......................
  7. "I daren't walk through the woods in summer for fear of starting forest fires, can I still become a sniper?"

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. HHH

HHH LE

Only if it affects your spelling!

Sent from my iPhone using my ARRSE
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

"The minimum standards for both uncorrected and corrected vision are determined by service medical staff and are dependent on the proposed employment and branch/trade group. Spectacle or contact lens correction must not be greater than -7 dioptres or +8 dioptres in any meridian. Impaired colour perception (colour blindness) is not a bar to service, but may limit your career choices"

Lifted from this document so yes bad eyesight might well eb a bar to joining.
  10. I've just realised you posed a similar question in the MED Thread. Has your eye disease now spread to your brain?
  11. You're not the only one who needs a little info.

What job you after?
  12. I laughed my bollocks off when I read this thread. That might have also been because I just got home from the pub as well but even so! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Just back from the pub? Can I suggest an Egg Banjo?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Or an omelette, perhaps?
  15. Oh, that's what it says. No eye dear, sorry.
    • Like Like x 2