Little Birds on lease for Olympics ;)

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Raven2008, Jan 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

They are in comparison to other cabs very cheap.

I've never understood why 8flt AAC has never been kitted out with a small bag of them.

Be nice to have a bit of a CSAR capability with them when not in use watching Long Jumpers from across the globe trying to win a posh milk bottle top on a ribbon
  2. Mav

Mav Old-Salt

They make sense... But the article says Typhoons will be on station too... What do they expect to do with them?
  3. Methinks a big jolly for the operators - squeezing into the bum bags of our Eastern friends.
  4. Comments from Sky Gods?
  5. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Oh. you mean THAT kind of little birds... I thought you meant something... err, actually never mind, do carry on i will just go back to um, browsing the web.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Which Brit mil pilots are to fly them? None have the required experience on type. We own suitable aircraft with suitably qualified pilots to do the perceived role already. No idea where this story originated from.
  7. Sort of what I thinking but didn't want to wade in only for one of you to announce that you'd had the operation.
  8. The dirty, low life CRABs! Making shit change ;)
  9. Mmm, quick couple of hours for a conversion, couple more for "Role specific" training and the rest of the day is yours. Where do I sign up?
  10. Perhaps there will be some outsourcing of drivers?
  11. Strafe the locals and any teams wishing to take advantage of our generous health and welfare systems. Can anyone else feel that the planes going back to some countries will be not as full as when they arrived.
  12. The typhoons I believe are to prevent/deter a 11/9 type attack on London during the Olympics. We did 2 big ex's last year as Belfast Int is likely to be the airport that flights wil be diverted to in case of an "incident".
  13. It was reported that Prestwick was the place that would be used as its already set up for terrorist flights. Wee Eck was doing his nut about it on TV the other night...even though Prestwick has always been set aside for this type of thing, long before the Olympics were announced.
  14. In my experience of working with UKSF (not in aviation related matters, though I suspect their attitude is the same) it is quite often a case of "we want it, so we will have it"

There have been numerous times where I have discussed requirments with them, given them a suitable solution that ticks all the boxes, yet they will request the all singing all dancing solution despite them not actually requiring it. Not my budget, and in the end they get want they want, not necessarily what they need.
    • Like Like x 2