Literary Fraud

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by HarryPalmer, Feb 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

pheww, for a moment there I thought you'd spotted me!

2. Apparently this sort of thing is an entire genre, good tales being prized in the publishing world. Just today there was an interview in the Telegraph with the owner/CEO of the Ann Summers shops:

Not my choice of bedside reading, though.

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

sadly I fear there is a market of similarly effected folk that gain from sharing experiences.

Humans being inhuman.. Its times like this, when penelties from the law for human cruelty are not enough that I pray there is a god who will be turning this fckers away at the pearly gates and sending them roast in hell forever.

4. There's a new market for this kind of thing, and a very lucrative one.
    It's increasingly proving to be the case that truth is optional in several cases.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/put-these-memoirs-out-of-their-misery-1314966.html

5. McManus forgot the most important staple of Celtic misery; blame the English.

6. Ah Ah! It's quite all right for us to slag ourselves off, but if an Englishman gets in on the act then it's RASCIST :wink:

7. And the English version is to blame the Frog's and the Kraut's, you see we have a beautiful EU, where we all dislike each other.....it truley is lovely :lol: