Listen for the creak of the bow...

i know we had a thread a while back for all those little trade training catchphrases like "prophets not historians", but can't find it.

sometimes you find useful little phrases in the unlikeliest places. i've got a fridge magnet which really belongs on the fridge in the A3 Intelligence course coffee room:

"Listen for the creak of the bow, not the rush of the arrow."

apparently it's a quote from a book called "Words are not things" by a bloke called Jack Gardner. never heard of it, but i liked the phrase :)

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
I thought this thread was going to be about the noise a can of cider made when you opened it.

It's not, therefore:

Gay
She was only a west country cook, but she still liked a c0ck in cider

hark the sound of a taxi without...........

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
"Listen for the creak of the bow, not the rush of the arrow."
I've heard it before CR=CR, I always thought it was Japanese.

"Kureba mukae, Sareba okuri"

When an attacker comes**, welcome him, the send him on his way.

3 Para Mortars motto. :D

** approaches.

S

shurikenMarch

How about Jack Sparrow's:

"You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, 'cause you can never predict if they're going to do something incredibly stupid."

Talking about Fridge Magnets, Cookery & Quotes, I have one Fridge Magnet I try to adhere to as much as humanly possible:

"I Love to Cook with Wine - Sometimes I even add it to the Food"

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Mrs BA has a fridge magnet that says 'Hang onto your husband - He may come back into fashion'. Works for me.

BuggerAll said:
Mrs BA has a fridge magnet that says 'Hang onto your husband - He may come back into fashion'. Works for me.
I was worried there for a minute, then I had another look!

Actually Mrs B_A has a fridge magnet that says "Get rid of your husband his village needs him back"

Very fitting at present for those that know me! :wink:

There are no coincidences in counter-intelligence.

Or so I was told.