Listarock Issue Coat

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by findtheowner, Sep 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

Has anyone heard of LISTAROCK clothing? I have a military issue coat with a name written in the label, and am trying a) to date it and b) to reunite it with the owners family.

If anyone can help me pls I would be very grateful for any info. The label reads:
    RAINCOAT, MAN'S R.N.
    8405-99-122-7160
    SIZE 8
    LISTAROCK
    A/78/CLO/31624/DC69(2)

Thank you

Cazzie

2. I am R Admr Listarock (Ret'd) and I claim my raincoat!

3. LOL....the Make is LISTAROCK,not the nameof the owner!!!!hahahahahahahaha

4. .

5. Oh Dear....I thought there might be someone with a brain on this site..but so far that has yet to be proved!!

Seems you can't do someone a decent turn these days without someone taking the p**s!!!! :-(

Maybe I'll just give up on trying to do the right and nice thing!! :-/

6. Well then **** off and use google.

7. Oh Charming.....and the brainless just keep on coming!!!! Well done on your fantastic vocabulary in such a dificult situation..your folks must be real proud of you!!!!!

8. Welcome to ARRSE - someone may come along with a sensible answer, but don't hold your breath :)

9. Thanks Daax,

I was only trying to do a good turn. Thought the owner's family may have liked the coat back? Never mind.

Thank you for being nice.

Cazzie :)

10. Don't trust him. It's a ploy to get you to send him dirty photos.

11. Go to a RN site and ask if anyone knows anyone by that name on the label then.

12. Thank you....

13. How do you expect to trace the ex-wearer of a 1970's Navy raincoat? Is there someone's name and number written on it anywhere? If not, forget it.

Also, why do you think that they'd be interested in getting it? Honestly, it's not exactly high fashion is it? Or are dodgy ex-navy raincoats suddenly the in thing down Pompey way?

14. Yes I do have a name and number, but have decided not to pursue the matter any further. I think if the response of most people is like the response on here, I will be banging my head against a brick wall. Apart from Daax, everybody has been very sarcastic. Certainly unhelpful and not worth bothering with!

Cazzie

15. Listarock also made trousers, apparently:

url=http://ameblo.jp/naval-clothing-factory/entry-10844194602.html