List of ok supplements?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by hender214, Oct 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have a list of the supplements that are ok to use I can't find it and need to know what to buy as I can't use my current supplements as I contains creatine

2. Try a normal healthy diet unless you are an athlete you don't need supplements. Search function will also be of use.

3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Even athletes don't need supplements, unless they're top 1 or 2% material. It's principally a transfer of cash from people who want to buy fitness across to the leisure industry.

4. There's nothing wrong with creatine.

5. .
    Stay away from anything you have to inject into your eyeballs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Beer.

7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

There's nothing wrong with meat, either, which is why the manufacturers of creatine chose a name of classical Greek origin.

8. Do you mean supplements that are acceptable by military standards?

9. The only supplements you require are 2 tablespoonfuls of man-the-****-up-and-stop-being-a-homo.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Yes I've been told that some brands are not allowed? So a list of the brands that are accepted would be good. Also its pretty hard to get enough protein in on a busy day also bcaa's etc in some supplement shakes are needed in your diet it's just easier and cheaper than getting everything you need from food

11. The only supplement I've found that I need is cod liver oil capsules cos my joints are fucked. All the other stuff you need is found in a healthy balanced diet.

12. No supplements are more expensive than food, often have things in that your body can't store and so you're flushing them down the pan.
    You need a good healthy, balanced diet and that's it. If you find you aren't maintaining weight - eat more food.

13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Supplement brands that are not allowed include Ketamine, heron, cocaine, crystal meth and those flying saucer sweets that fizz in your mouth.

If you are eating a healthy balanced diet you do not need supplements. Therefore buying and consuming supplements will cost you extra money and energy so they are not easier and cheaper than getting everything you need from food. Adolf Hitler believed in supplements. Genghis Kahn did not.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I believe that heron is legal, but not too tasty. That moon dust stuff that fizzes is out of bounds too.

• Like Like x 1