List of Changes?

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by ugly, Feb 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Does anyone have access to list of changes and is willing to do some searching for me or is it available online yet?

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Changes to war materials a WD publication recording adoption of items and obsolescence of them too.

3. What period? As far as I know not online...

Absorber

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm interested in WW1 munitions and if the various items were ever taken on officially! Fumite Bombs are what I am looking for!

5. That would be the 'P' Bomb. Certainly in use by the Battle of the Somme as it's mentioned in Operation Orders for 1st July. Basically white phos I believe. Cylindrical grenade with a pull igniter used for dugout clearing.

I'll have a look and see what I can find.

Paul

6. Try No26 Mk1 grenade, nasty little fecker. Black tinplate body with red diamond painted on the side. Sometimes used in conjunction with a 3" Stokes Mortar bomb and lobbed down into German dugouts.

Paul

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Cheers all the contemporary write ups I have read give a description of an item similar to a 2 pound firework containing wax and oil that was match lit. Pains Wessex bought them out but the records could be with Chemring in Derby who haven't responded yet to enquiries!