Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by goatbagthedruid, Jun 24, 2005.

1. White Wash?

2. Nail Biter?

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Although I am a great rugby fan, love a certain club in the Midlands (not Northampton, I have standards!) and have been following every match that the Lions have played on their recent tour, I am not sure that they can do it.

I will be over the moon if they win as will sheepsack the elder ((my old man)- it may be his last one - he is old after all). I just hope that Sir Clive has got his sights firmly set on the tour and not on the money of the Premiership (Southampton? Are they still in it??)

The quality of the All Black is such that they could white wash the Lions. It will be like the NZ Maoris but at a higher level (the Maoris are pretty much an All Blacks step up side).

To summarise, the Lions hopefully will win and I will be over the moon (and possibly very generous at the Cyprus ARRSE gathering) but I have this nagging doubt at the back of my mind. I hope I am wrong.

Hopefully I won't be a soothsayer and bringer of bad news. COME ON LIONS!!!!!!

God, I wish I was there. Mind you, if the Army v Navy matches are anything to go on, I would not make the matches as I would be worshipping at the Church of lager (Steinlager, no less, but Speights is as good) rather than the Altar of rugby. 8O

2. Well,I certainly hope they can win tomorrow,but.........there seems to be a lack of spark,and understanding in certain areas.As has been evident in the matches so far. But as stated I hope they can do it...COME ON THE LIONS!

Unfortuanately my old mob are holding a reunion on the morn,and so I will have to listen in on the old transistor in the jaloppy as I head north. However,forget STEINLAGER.

For I shall be worshiping at the temple of Arthur J Guninness :wink:
  3. Good luck to the Lions....... cos even Zara Phillips admitted that she think the All Blacks will win....... :roll:
  4. I know they will get beaten - it will not be pretty. Woodward has fcuked up and got the selecton wrong in several areas - No 8 should be Jones, Wilkinson has played less than 10 proper games since Nov 2003 and is in Henson's place, Robinson should notbe at 15. Not good!

He relies too much on the England stars - there are great but there are better people than them.
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I agree that Woodward has gone over the top by selecting so many English players when last season's results does not really justify it. However I do have to say that on big occasions English players do seem to pick up their game and produce unexpected results (Urgh, spit, spit - just said something nice about Engerland).
  6. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Oh dear.....

We seem to have lost 21 -3