Lions Get slapped again

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Greengrass, Jul 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Top result for the Lions. It’s a shame I really believed we had a chance going into the tour but it would appear that I am not the judge of Rugby that I thought I was. I put it down to the dirge of a song that has been adopted instead of the British and Irish National anthums.

2. You mean I owe my Kiwi mate another wiskey/water?
    john

3. on stag in EXCON in BATUS......strikes me that there was a distinct lack of Cornishmen in the Lions side....it makes a difference you know!!

4. Interesting theory other than yourself which 12 toed inbreads from the French province of Cornwall would you have include. :D

5. I would have played the Redruth First Fifteen.....they could not have been any worse......English T*sser! The British, Cornish and Irish Lions......thats the way forward.

6. Heh Trelawney....Is 6A still Flicking!!!!!!

7. ha ha...I expect so!!

8. What would the Cornish part of the Lions national anthem be the remember you cant have the La Marseillaise

9. A good sword and a trusty hand!
    A merry heart and true!
    King James's men shall understand
    What Cornish lads can do!

And have they fixed the where and when?
    And shall Trelawny die?
    Here's twenty thousand Cornish men
    Will know the reason why!

Chorus:
    And shall Trelawny live?
    And shall Trelawny die?
    Here's twenty thousand Cornish men
    Will know the reason why!

10. Not a bad song properly accompanied by some lads on the spoons and a paper and comb marching band it could well stir the British Irish and Cornish Lions to great things

11. COUNTY CHAMPIONS 1991

Cornwall:
    K. Thomas, A. Mead (Plymouth Albion), C. Alcock, capt. (Royal Navy and Camborne) G. Champion (Devon and Cornwall police), T. Bassett, W. Peters (St Ives), R. Nancekivell (Northampton), J. May (Redruth), G. Dawe (Bath), R. Keast (Redruth), A. Reed (Bath), M. Wesson (Plymouth Albion), G. Williams (Redruth), A. Bick (Plymouth Albion), J. Atkinson (St Ives).

TRUE LIONS....AND THEY COULD SING!

12. And all married two the same two women :D

13. Do you mean TO the same TWO women......whats wrong with that...at least they were not married to one another!

14. I did mean TO thank you pointing out the error it would be ok if they weren’t all related.

15. Sir Clive Woodward admitted his side had lost to an “outstanding” New Zealand team after the British & Irish Lions were overcome 48-18 in the second Test in Wellington to go 2-0 down and lose the series.

FETHY PO FYLIEL AN GWARRY HA TRA NAHEN!!!!