Lions Get slapped again

Top result for the Lions. It’s a shame I really believed we had a chance going into the tour but it would appear that I am not the judge of Rugby that I thought I was. I put it down to the dirge of a song that has been adopted instead of the British and Irish National anthums.

on stag in EXCON in BATUS......strikes me that there was a distinct lack of Cornishmen in the Lions side....it makes a difference you know!!

trelawney said:
on stag in EXCON in BATUS......strikes me that there was a distinct lack of Cornishmen in the Lions side....it makes a difference you know!!
Interesting theory other than yourself which 12 toed inbreads from the French province of Cornwall would you have include. :D

I would have played the Redruth First Fifteen.....they could not have been any worse......English T*sser! The British, Cornish and Irish Lions......thats the way forward.

What would the Cornish part of the Lions national anthem be the remember you cant have the La Marseillaise

A good sword and a trusty hand!
A merry heart and true!
King James's men shall understand
What Cornish lads can do!

And have they fixed the where and when?
And shall Trelawny die?
Here's twenty thousand Cornish men
Will know the reason why!

Chorus:
And shall Trelawny live?
And shall Trelawny die?
Here's twenty thousand Cornish men
Will know the reason why!

Not a bad song properly accompanied by some lads on the spoons and a paper and comb marching band it could well stir the British Irish and Cornish Lions to great things

COUNTY CHAMPIONS 1991

Cornwall:
K. Thomas, A. Mead (Plymouth Albion), C. Alcock, capt. (Royal Navy and Camborne) G. Champion (Devon and Cornwall police), T. Bassett, W. Peters (St Ives), R. Nancekivell (Northampton), J. May (Redruth), G. Dawe (Bath), R. Keast (Redruth), A. Reed (Bath), M. Wesson (Plymouth Albion), G. Williams (Redruth), A. Bick (Plymouth Albion), J. Atkinson (St Ives).

TRUE LIONS....AND THEY COULD SING!

trelawney said:
COUNTY CHAMPIONS 1991

Cornwall:
K. Thomas, A. Mead (Plymouth Albion), C. Alcock, capt. (Royal Navy and Camborne) G. Champion (Devon and Cornwall police), T. Bassett, W. Peters (St Ives), R. Nancekivell (Northampton), J. May (Redruth), G. Dawe (Bath), R. Keast (Redruth), A. Reed (Bath), M. Wesson (Plymouth Albion), G. Williams (Redruth), A. Bick (Plymouth Albion), J. Atkinson (St Ives).

TRUE LIONS....AND THEY COULD SING!
And all married two the same two women :D

Do you mean TO the same TWO women......whats wrong with that...at least they were not married to one another!

I did mean TO thank you pointing out the error it would be ok if they weren’t all related.

Sir Clive Woodward admitted his side had lost to an “outstanding” New Zealand team after the British & Irish Lions were overcome 48-18 in the second Test in Wellington to go 2-0 down and lose the series.

FETHY PO FYLIEL AN GWARRY HA TRA NAHEN!!!!

Reason for defeat.

1. Underestimation of the ability and strengths of the All Blacks.
2. Pyting Shane Williams on the wing ("Hmmm," says Clive. "I know, I'll put that really small bloke on the wing." Result - every time he got the ball, he went back about 10 m.
3. Having Southern Hemisphere ref, Linesmen and 4th Offical can't hurt. The ref missed too many obvious off the ball incidents; the touch judges were shite as well - things would happen right in from of their eyes and "not see it!"
4. The spear tackling on B.O'D. and general unsportsmanlike behaviour of the All Black.

Rant over. Bring on the Third Test. Hopefully we can salvage something out of the Test.

The All Blacks are a fantastic side - the World Cup in 2007 will be on its way to Auckland. :cry:

goatbagthedruid said:
The All Blacks are a fantastic side - the World Cup in 2007 will be on its way to Auckland. :cry:
Absolutely. I watched the game surrounded by Aussies & Kiwis & sat with with my good pal, oh-so-originally known as 'Kiwi' ( :roll: ) & I was moved to say how bloody good they're looking. Dan Carter, who looked promising in the 2003 World Cup gets better with each game & was well clapped by Lions fans for his excellent performance yesterday.

Oh, and the reason we lost? I was wearing my Lions shirt for the first time & the first time I wear any national shirt (football or rugby) we lose the game. Sorry one & all... :(

DozyBint said:
Oh, and the reason we lost? I was wearing my Lions shirt for the first time & the first time I wear any national shirt (football or rugby) we lose the game. Sorry one & all... :(
I wore mine for the first time as well (put it on at half time and it went downhill from there :cry:

Yeah, the All Blacks are Great. Danny Carter was on fire. A great bloke.

Oh, & Steve Thompson: what's that all about? Does he have compromising photos of Sir Clive or something? He's a farking liability, incapable of throwing a straight ball & always in there with boots & fists right under the refs nose. Twat. :evil:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jonwilly Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0
M Sports, Adventure Training and Events 13
W REME 4