Lions defeat Manawatu 109-6.

Lions rampant! :D

Shane Williams scored a first-half hat-trick as the Lions romped to victory against Manawatu in Palmerston North

Williams did all he could to book a place in the team for the second Test as he eventually touched down five times against a vastly inferior opposition

The first score came after just four minutes...

....NPC second division side Manawatu struggled to get to grip swith the tourists...

...and by the break, Jason Robinson had scored for the first time in 13 games...

...and Geordan Murphy also added to the score, with Jonathan Hargreaves kicking two penalties for the hosts

Hooker Gordon Bulloch, flanker Donncha O'Callaghan, fellow back row Martyn Williams and Chris Cusiter were all replaced, maybe giving a hint as to Clive Woodward's thoughts for Saturday

The second half started as the first had finished with Charlie Hodgson, Ollie Smith, Neil Back (on for O'Callaghan) and Williams for his fourth try, adding to the total in the first 10 minutes

Gordon D'Arcy, Ronan O'Gara (2) and Mark Cueto piled on the points with Gareth Cooper grabbing anothe late on and although there was some late pressure from the hosts...

Williams fittingly took the score into triple figures with a fifth try before Cueto sealed the win in style, but the big question will be whether the Welsh winger, who played the whole match, will be facing the All Blacks on Saturday as Woodward looks for the missing ingredient to spark his Test side
(c) Telegraph
muzza said:
Agent_Smith said:
Lions rampant! :D
... Against Second Division Amateur Team!!!!

Ooooohhhhhhhhhh. :roll:
Actually they had just have just won promotion into the 1st division for next season

Manawatu are semi-pro. They are big, strong forwards and handy backs in the team. They are not international class by a long shot but they are not mugs either. If we had beaten them 30-6 then everyone would be on the lions case, am i not right?

The positives were the performances of certain previously under-rated individuals. Shane Williams has got class and O'Callaghan and Shaw looked like Test locks - which in green or white they are. Owen also made a strong case as did Hodgson - stand fast goal-kicking - and Cusiter.

Murphy looked sharp too. It seems that Woodward's monolithic mindset and ego are under further crushing pressure. Good, serve the git right. He ought to listen to his top team more than he is (not apparently is, is...I have friends in low latitudes!). If he takes his head out of his arse he might pick something like Lewsey Williams Smith Henson Thomas Jones Peel Owen Jones Easterby O Callaghan Shaw Jenkins Bulloch Sheridan Repl: Thompson White Cusiter Hodgson Corry Murphy Greenwood
DDDD's tip for the Wellington test,

The Mighty All Blacks will beat the British and Irish Pussycats by 30 points.

My shout if they don' my location :lol:
38-18 in favour of NZ I do believe.......
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jonwilly Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0
M Sports, Adventure Training and Events 13