Links and Quotes in Groups

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Joker62, Jun 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Bosses,

I know it's a Sunday, but there seems to be a problem in Groups. We can't use Hyperlinks as it just comes up with a URL that needs to be cut and pasted, also the Quote action doesn't work either. Anychance that you could look into this please.

2. I can't post photo's either, not sure if its the same for other people.

3. No, I haven't been able to post photo's either.

Is there any chance the groups can be given the same functionality as the rest of the site? "Like" button, etc?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

we have a bug and I did take a quick look over the weekend, but with no joy. I'll look further today.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheers

6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

This should now work on new messages or if you edit an existing message, 'go advanced' and save again.

Because of the nightmare complexity of VBulletin groups permissions, I'm not sure how users in special groups will fare - donors, wiki gurus, sponsors and so on. Rather than spending an age testing, please do let me know whether it works for you if you are something other than a Moderator or Registered User (standard GSM looking rank medals, 1 - 5)

Sorry to group regulars for the delay in tackling this.

7. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Both quotes & links work in the Battlefield Tours Group, the links automatically sorted themselves with whatever you did, no need to edit.

8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

great stuff - thanks for letting me know

9. Now...how about a like button in groups? ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Works for me too.

11. What G_M said. :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fithed

13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Simply not going to happen unfortunately for good reasons I won't bore you with. Sorry about that.

14. HHH

HHH LE

Just tell the group of posters on this thread that you don't like their idea and that they can quote you on this!