Lingerie firm founder rejects MBE

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by romach, Jun 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Joseph Corre, co-founder of lingerie brand Agent Provocateur, today rejected his MBE because he said he finds Prime Minister Tony Blair "morally corrupt".
    Mr Corre was awarded the MBE for his services to the fashion industry in the Queen's Birthday Honours list which was published at the weekend.

But he has rejected the honour, saying he could not accept the PM as "someone capable of giving an honour".

Mr Blair, who has won three elections, steps down as prime minister next week.

Here is a man with some back bone!! on a boned back!

2. who cares his business is pants

Sorry

3. Doesn't said gong come from Her Maj?

4. I think you are right, but maybe its for services rendered like making Cherrie look attractive?

5. Well, if he can make Cherie look attractive he deserves a gong!

Wonder what he could do for Mrs Blues?

6. His mother Dame Vivienne Westwood was awarded the OBE in 1992 and turned up knickerless to the ceremony at Buckingham Palace.

Sorry can't find any pics of the twirl she did which proved the above!

Edited to say did find nice pic of Vivienne Westwood frock thankfully not modelled by Cherie (especially for Mr fmp - now will you buy me a V Westwood corset please?)

[​IMG]

7. Aint his Dad the old Sex pistols manager?

Bit of anarchy rubbed off then

8. What a num nuts, MBE's are awarded by the Queen i think

Still he has got a point about Blair

9. Part of the honours list are nominated including the OBE, MBE, CBE. and like all honours I think she has the right to veto them.

Hope she does that to B. Liar next time!

10. What? When did that happen. It can't be for that, sorry.

11. Yes, Malcolm McLaren and Vivienne Westwood ran Sex on King's Road selling punk and bondage clothing.

12. Even though he's been nominated as part of the Queen's Birthday Honours list, I believe that they are selected by committee and then recommended by Bliar.
    Personally I think Lillibet should give him one of the honours at her personal discretion just to show she approves of his stance - Companion of Honour or something like it. Now wouldn't that be a slap in the chops for his Tonyness.

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Hear Hear!

14. Someone who performs a miracle is usually made a saint.