Ling versus ASA

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Blogg, Apr 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 3
  1. No such thing as bad publicity. Well done to her.
  2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

The woman is a marketing genius!

And the morons behind their desks at the asa have basically helped her with a shit load of free advertising.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ******* Superb!

By the way Ling, if you happen to look in, thanks for the deal, very happy. The motor's just what I needed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

The women is a genius ....... and very funny.
  5. She clearly indicates that it's a wah on page 6 for the DeLorean and page 32 for the missile truck (a Ural 375 if I'm not mistaken- don't know what the missile is).

I liked the way the ASA press officer got all finger-wagging smug when she mentioned that her website had so many hits- 'well if you break our rules this is the kind of bad thing that's going to happen' (I'm paraphrasing). Yes, the terrible bad thing of getting tens of thousands of hits on her website.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

7. Brilliant!
  8. The website hurts my eyes, but I like Ling a lot after reading the story.
  9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Ling has/had an ARRSE profile I hope she comes back and posts in the naafi because she is as funny as ****.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Wasn't Ling a site sponsor in the distant past?
  11. It would appear that a certain mr K Jong-Un of North Korea has just made an additional complaint about Lings cars, after taking receipt of a Zil 131 TEL truck, which on delivery was missing the Nuclear missile that Lings website clearly indicates is included.

He's really pissed now!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Moved on to sponsor people with money: Mercedes Benz & BMW owners clubs etc.

Still, who can dislike a person who self describes thus:

"I have a BSc in Applied Chemistry and an MSc in Environmental Management. I have been on BBC Dragons' Den, turning down offers of investment from Bannatyne and Farleigh. I live in Gateshead. I have a cat. I have a 6x6 V8 Nuclear Rocket Truck, and a small yellow tank with a Rolls Royce engine. I like chicken feet."!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. What a ******* star! I'd lease a car and I don't even like the things.
  14. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

That's the best laugh I've had for a long time.