Ling / Darkside Reunion

A couple of years ago the lings began to get a series of annual reunions off the ground. It was to become a more elitist version of the R. Signals Spec Op Reunion. It was quite well attended on the few occasions that it actually took place, then the whole idea died a death.

OK, with this site becoming the means of choice for many people, my thought is basically, is anyone up for a Reunion at a suitable location, to be attended by the following people:

Lings, either Int or R. Signals, past or currently serving.
OPMIs who have served with sogenannte "Darkside" units, either past or present.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on that one, if anyone is interested personally, PM me.

Aha, I forgot, and before the usual suspects pipe up...

"I'll paint over all the windows of the establishment where this is to be held to make everyone feel at home, plus don't forget to bring your Dungeons and Dragons costumes / buttplugs / ******* lube (delete as applicable)"

Hmmm... I'll take...

deerhunter said:
"I'll paint over all the windows of the establishment where this is to be held to make everyone feel at home, plus don't forget to bring your ******* lube"
Have fun sweetheart!

g2_loony_bin said:
Hmmm... I'll take...

deerhunter said:
"I'll paint over all the windows of the establishment where this is to be held to make everyone feel at home, plus don't forget to bring your ******* lube"
Have fun sweetheart!
Will do love, I'd invite you, G2LB, but you'd probably not be able to find the place.

Next!

deerhunter said:
g2_loony_bin said:
Hmmm... I'll take...

deerhunter said:
Have fun sweetheart!
Will do love, I'd invite you, G2LB, but you'd probably not be able to find the place.

Next!
Well I can read a map... oh hang on, it's in "cyberspace" isn't it? Role-playing on line is dangerous, look...

Attachments

deerhunter said:
Don't send me your photo s***-lips, you're still not coming.
Didn't say I wanted to come along to www.internerds.com did I? Have a good time all the same you foul mouthed creature. :thumleft:

24 hours later and with several PMs received this now looks like a mover. Will PM individuals with precise details, and will answer additional PMs as received. Many thanks for the offers of assistance too.

DH

Not dark enough and too much space in it.

Was your Ebay search "suitable location for all Op Ints who are good blokes to meet up with like minded friends"

You are starting to make me paranoid! It's all because I get so excited and carried away with the emotion of posting on here! :study:

I can also provide some black paint for the windows to really make you all (you) feel at home! If you want I can have it buried in the ground. The location will also be handy for you to arrange a pick-up at the end of a fun packed night. TAXI for DH! :thumright:

deerhunter said:
24 hours later and with several PMs received this now looks like a mover. Will PM individuals with precise details, and will answer additional PMs as received. Many thanks for the offers of assistance too.

DH
DH,

Where do you have in mind; something nostalgic or somewhere close to one of the current units?

Not that it really matters, as long as there is sufficient port to go round. :muhaha:

Scorptin said:
DH,

I think I can also provide some set room backround noise and feed to make you all feel at home!
White noise, yes.

It carries no intelligence, goes on all the time, and merely serves to p1ss everyone off.

Can lighter blue join in as I will know a lot of you. Certainly the ones that have been to Waddo and Diggers.

What about Lincoln for an all-dayer then a food fight in a restaurant somewhere?

How do these things work? Have they been going on for long as I have not heard of it before?

Can non-vx mates be invited too?

CUBAN_NAVAL_TELEPRINTER said:
Can lighter blue join in as I will know a lot of you. Certainly the ones that have been to Waddo and Diggers.

What about Lincoln for an all-dayer then a food fight in a restaurant somewhere?
Are you all allowed out in the daylight? Don't you suffer the same fate as vampires if exposed to sunlight?

How do these things work? Have they been going on for long as I have not heard of it before?
You go out get pissed, have a vindaloo, wake up with a hangover. The reason you may never heard of them before is possibly due to no-one liking you.

NO. As there is no room in the telephone box for you all.

As the original post said, C_N_T anyone who has served at any of the Ling / DISI postings can attend, also mates of, (provided they are female nurses with low self-esteem).

Location and timings are under negotiation, as a number of Arrsers have offered assistance with the admin, etc and are looking into various options.

The only admin will prob take the form of a venue / time / dress detail. The reason for this is that it means that there is no messing with food (eating's cheating), people are free to turn up when they want, and they will have the dress code (so they won't feel like wallopers if they are in a suit and everyone else is in jeans). I'll PM those who have PM'd me with the detail as soon as it is confirmed, then it's up to individuals to e-mail the appropriate contacts via the normal means.