Lines out of songs or films you use every day

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by TheIronDuke, Aug 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Prompted by another thread elsewhere.

I find myself doing this all the time. The Renton line out of Trainspotting, about Begbie? "He's a psycho, but he's ma mate. What can I do?"

Or from REM... "I've got my spine I've got my orange crush". Which either draws concerned looks, or a smile if someone recognises it.

"I say we dust off an nuke 'em from space. Its the only way to be sure". Ripper in Aliens.

Am I alone in this practice?
  2. I'm guilty of this as well. It's possible that I have difficulty putting together original thoughts of my own. Or maybe I'm just a geek. :) But here's a sample.

"Dawn comes soon enough for the working class," by a song from X.

"There can only be one." Duh.

"I just find it amusing that you came from somewhere," from Grosse Pointe Blank.

And one from Last Temptation of Christ when discussing matters theological:

"You think God belongs only to you? He doesn't. God is an immortal spirit who belongs to everybody, to the whole world. You think you're special?"
  3. "Personnally, I think your a fu*king idiot" - Sean Connery (The Rock)
  4. Oh, right, that reminds me:

"You'd lose your ass if it wasn't attached to your shoulders." Hudson Hawk, otherwise a shitefest.
  5. ' It puts the lotion on it's skin or it gets the hose'
  6. Shut your festering gob you tit. Your sort really makes me puke. You vacuous toffee nosed malodorous pervert.

Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, philistine pig ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage. You sit there on your loathsome, spotty behinds squeezing blackheads, not caring a tinker's cuss for the struggling artist. You excrement! You whining, hypocritical toadies

Normally used internally* only when responding to customers.

*by internally i mean only I can hear what I just said :)
  7. "Your a big man but your out of shape and for me its a full time job so behave yourself!" Michael Caine in Get Carter (Stallone couldnt pull it off in the remake)
  8. From Team America;

Pretty much any sentance, followed by a pause and "Now suck my cock."
  9. I think this goes for the majority of married couples.

From 'Woman In the Wall' by The Beautiful South

He was just a social drinker but social every night, he enjoyed a drink or two or three or four.

She was just a silent thinker, silent every night, he enjoyed the thought of killing her before.
  10. From Dire Straits, Ride Across the River (on the Brothers in Arms album)

"And they sing as they march with their flags unfurled, today in the mountains, tomorrow the world"
  11. Life's a piece of sh1t
    When you look at it
  12. "Dogs got personality, Personality goes a long way"

somehow came up in conversation with this bird.

Never again. :(
  13. "Out the back........slag" -Bob

Rita, Sue and Bob too.

"Game over maaan, game over"! -Pvt Hudson

14. ‘Binmen, thin men, lexicographers?

Not so Octopus.

Egg sandwiches on coach trips in June?

I simply wont be there.’

That’s Half Man Half Biscuit and I cant get it out of my head.

I'm dying for an opportunity to use it.
  15. You charming muhfcukin' pig. :D