Linemen

You and me both. They had two lays per det, so Ex Flying Foulup, with command passing twice a day and main-main moves first and last light meant if a Comhead's det wasn't laying it was recovering. On the middle weekend 24 hours stand-down they were mostly totally zonko.
Sounds like when Stanier was commanding 1 Div even as a Tech Sgt on a fully crewed Auto 40 I was chin strapped at times.

Sounds like when Stanier was commanding 1 Div even as a Tech Sgt on a fully crewed Auto 40 I was chin strapped at times.
Nah, Bramall during the 'Barns only' phase mostly. I had a two way shift with the WOI YOS in Sig Ops and we both swore every move was on our down time. At least he was driven on the Main-Main moves. I was driving. When not on shift I had to sort out the crypto for TOT/Tfc to swan off and deliver.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Did they ever use screwits or was that too far back
I recall seeing some small porcelain caps with a thread in them
you twisted the wires together after stripping them and screwed it on

Did you used to rummage on ships at the Isle of Grain refinery?
Mainly DIFT. We weren't the proper rummage crew mind, Liverpool were the top boys for that .IIRC, Tilbury had one but since we were present at DIFT we were asked to do localised rummage- ie. not deep, you had to be BA'd to to that. I believe one of the Old Surveyors at Tilbury actually wrote a book on ship construction. I met him back in the 90's when he covered Dift prior to retirement

Mainly DIFT. We weren't the proper rummage crew mind, Liverpool were the top boys for that .IIRC, Tilbury had one but since we were present at DIFT we were asked to do localised rummage- ie. not deep, you had to be BA'd to to that. I believe one of the Old Surveyors at Tilbury actually wrote a book on ship construction. I met him back in the 90's when he covered Dift prior to retirement

I did a trip on a BP tanker round the North Sea and the Baltic. Every time we called in at the Isle of Grain the bastards rummaged us. I was just wondering whether one of the bastards was you :mrgreen:

I did a trip on a BP tanker round the North Sea and the Baltic. Every time we called in at the Isle of Grain the bastards rummaged us. I was just wondering whether one of the bastards was you :mrgreen:
unlikely TBF, to do Tankers you had to do be BA'd, it was probably the Tilbury or Sheerness mob. That said M/N........:mrgreen:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mylittlepony Royal Signals 70