Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

LINE BOOK

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
Cuddles said:
Best linebook entry I ever read was from 101 Regt's...recording a conversation in the Mess:

"Do you think we could get the RMR to take X (a porcine officer) out in one of their shiny inflatable boats and drop him in the Tyne?"

"I thought X was one of their inflatable boats"

*tumbleweed* :D

Maybe you had to know major K**** H******. A man famous for this exchange in the officers mess on several occasions:

"In the mess, call me K****"

"Yes sir"

Northumbrians of a certain vintage will remember this BC NUOTC as "call me K****" in fact...

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
ok, i'll cough to one. chatting to someone just returned from Telic yesterday, getting the gen for my own sojourn later in the year.

he was telling me about how hot it can get in the corimecs, when the generator fails and the air conditioning goes off. without thinking, i said:

"surely there must be desk fans or something you can use instead when the A/C is off?"

doh. :roll:

Not that crazy actually mate. Desk fans came into their own when we had the ac set to minus 34 for a full deployment freezing it up and breaking it.

I suppose if the power did go, then you could blow on the fan blades really hard and make it go. 8O

THE_EDITOR said:
The line every day from you is NATO with extra sugar - that isnt funny at all.........

Sometimes I worry about this. I mean I'm not mental or anything but it's a concern!

What does NATO actually mean these days?

To be honest when I ask for NATO I expect milk and two sugars. However, I'm not sure what did it but it seems that NATO these days means only one sugar! Might have been FAS or something but NATO (Post options for change) seems more appropriate for the modern day one sugar man. If you still wish two sugars then just NATO should still be the order of the day. Asking for a pre-op might not get you the end result you desire.. well.. unless you're CR! :plotting:

I must try and find the Lines Book I had when serving in 121 Int Sect 1979-80...

There were some terrible, terrible things written therein...

One that springs to mind -

"Which RUC Police Div is Donegal in then?"

The late, lamented Sher (then, a sprog L/Cpl)

roseandpose said:
Last I heard.....

NATO = White 2 sugars

Julie Andrews = White Nun (None)

Whoopi Goldberg = Black Nun (None)

Don't forget the "Kylie" - white with one....