Lincoln - the movie

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Forastero, Aug 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Just gave up after 30 mins, what a pile of wordy shite. Even had to stick the bloody subtitles on to understand what they were honking on about, still made no sense. Last time I had to do that was with the Miami Vice remake. An understanding of Septic politics might've helped I guess but even so, talk about tedious.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Critics loved it, so it must be shite!
  3. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Yeah, I read the Empire review so thought it would be worth a shot!
  4. I've just watched Hachi again, not many films bring a tear to my eyes.
  5. And i thought it was only me.
  6. I was falling asleep watching this.... The only thing that woke me up was when IDF came in at our PB!
  7. It was a load of bollocks.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. That film is responsible for Akitas becoming the dog of choice for small men and fucktards. As with all great dogs comes great responsibility sadly lacking in most of their owners. rant off.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. I watched all of Lincoln and wished I hadn't.

Very good if you're a Septic history-head, and an insight into how bent US politics were (and still are) but boring as hell to anyone else.

10. I too was woefully disappointed: only one bloody battle scene - and that looked like some homo-erotic mud wrestling cluster ****.

*There may have been other shooty bits but I fell asleep trying to work out what in t'arnation was going on.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Exactly.... it was waffles of monologue.. waffle waffle blah blah.. another monologue... ZzZzZzZzZzzZzZzZ
  12. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

now if they had written it properly with DDL in the role of the vampire hunter in said movie it might have had some merit.
  13. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

**** me, I tried watching Seven Psychopaths last night and that was tedious as well! Same thing, binned it after 20 mins. Sheesh.
  14. But the baby ones I think were Shiba Inu's.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  15. I avoided Lincoln because Steven Spielberg directed it. He has not made a single movie since Schindler's List that did not drown the script in nauseatingly cloying sentimentality. Who else could **** up both War of the Worlds and War Horse in a single career?