Limited edition car, not limited!

bought a car under the belief (from press releases by the manufacturer) that the car would be limited to a run of 500

apparently the car may not be a limited edition afterall. I paid a premium under the belief this car may be slightly rare and therefore hold price stronger.

have i been miss sold this car? or is it tough tittys?

Cheers amc

Details please.

(no not on the princess TY).

well they said (and its plastered all over online reviews) that the car was limited to 500! Its been announced over seas that the order has not been capped and they expect to keep producing this car on demand!

dont wanna go into too much detail untill its confirmed (hopefully tomorrow) but am i being a soggy blanket or have i been hard done by?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
well they said (and its plastered all over online reviews) that the car was limited to 500! Its been announced over seas that the order has not been capped and they expect to keep producing this car on demand!

dont wanna go into too much detail untill its confirmed (hopefully tomorrow) but am i being a soggy blanket or have i been hard done by?
Wheels and tits? You never gain from cars mate.

Go to trading standards with full details, they'll advise you correctly.

Best case scenario is you return the car and get a refund. I am pretty sure there'll be small print somewhere protecting the manufacturer.

its 4000 miles young! not sure how that would stand!

each individually numbered aswell to add to the illusion
You could probably still push for it under contract law.

I will be honest that, in my limited experience, but wide reading, always take such things with a large pinch of salt.

Remember the Buggatti Veyron was supposed to be a very limited production run, never to be repeated etc etc. Even the most exclusive things tend to end up being less exclusive than you thought and generally less valuable.

You've been conned but undoubtedly cannot do anything about it. Do you have anything even appraoching a legally binding contract?

I will be honest that, in my limited experience, but wide reading, always take such things with a large pinch of salt.

Remember the Buggatti Veyron was supposed to be a very limited production run, never to be repeated etc etc. Even the most exclusive things tend to end up being less exclusive than you thought and generally less valuable.

You've been conned but undoubtedly cannot do anything about it. Do you have anything even appraoching a legally binding contract?

Limited and Exclusive usually means Limited to how many we can sell and Exclusively for anyone that has the money to buy one.

what were you thinking ? if economy is an issue what about spare bits ? they are bound only to be from the original manufacturer
and thus you would pay a fortune for them, as other spares wont be around. Also , mechanics wont have the experience of working on
them.

nope. we were told 250 built last year, 250 this year and that would be it! the only chance to get this limited edition!

it appears all their press releases have been altered/ censored however all the press articles from the same time that cut and pasted the press release still have it being a limited run to 500!

Even if they did limit THAT edition to 500, there is absolutely nothing stopping them issuing ANOTHER limited edition later and another and another and so on. Also no guarantee whatsoever that any limited edition will, automatically, have any greater value than a standard edition unless there is genuinely something special about it.