Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Co.

I have a Ltd; Co. registered in England

lets call it Monkey 123 Ltd, there's lots of similar named co's Monkey's 123, 123 Monkey ect.. (my Co. is by far the oldest)

We could not get a trade mark as it was a "laudatory term" or similar

Monkey's 123 (another town) Ltd have a smashing new website, on which they refer to themselves Monkey's 123 Ltd & forget he bit in brackets.

Should I get in touch & ask them nicely to correct it.

Get in touch with their local trading standards & make a complaint

Get in touch with companies house

Get a solicitor to make contact

Instruct Raymond the Bastard to burn down their office?

Any advice to welcome

I would ask 'uncle' Luigi to pay them a visit so I guess Raymond the Bastard is your peoples equivalent ;)

Alternatively read this: The Company and Business Names (Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations 2009

See if you think it applies and if it does try asking them to desist from using your name as you consider they are 'passing off'. If that fails report them to Company House, and as a last resort try legal action.

If you were the first Ltd company using that name they may have fallen foul of the rules.

I would ask Companies House for advice. I've found them quite approachable in the past.

enquiries@companieshouse.gov.uk

Instruct Raymond the Bastard to burn down their office?
You’d have to wonder if Harry the Bastard is unhappy with somebody plying their trade as 'Raymond the Bastard'.

You can see how easily confusion could arise...

Ring Ring... Ring Ring...​
caller: hello is that Raymond the Bastard?​
HtB: no, this is Harry, how may I help you​
caller: right listen up, I need a factory burning down, usual rate ok?​
HtB: I’m sorry? factory burning down? We sell haberdasher...​
caller: don't fcuk around mate, just get yer bruvver on the phone.​

Twenty three times a day except Sundays when Harry the Bastard doesn’t open the shop.

Last edited:
You’d have to wonder if Harry the Bastard is unhappy with somebody plying their trade as 'Raymond the Bastard'.

You can see how easily confusion could arise...

Ring Ring... Ring Ring...​
caller: hello is that Raymond the Bastard?​
RtB: no, this is Harry, how may I help you​
caller: right listen up, I need a factory burning down, usual rate ok?​
RtB: I’m sorry? factory burning down? We sell haberdasher...​
caller: don't fcuk around mate, just get yer bruvver on the phone.​

Twenty three times a day except Sundays when Harry the Bastard doesn’t open the shop.

I think Raymond is Harry's Caribbean cousin ?

SHV3.gif

free bumming with every job ?

I think that you could get away with harrythebastard plc, that seems free at the moment.
Harry the Fish and Harry the Horse looks free too.

The real Harry is now in the witness protection programmes after an unfortunate slip-up in the 1980's

He could be anywhere now.

Does the other company impinge on your business? Does it sell the same, or similar, goods or services. Does it trade locally in your town. If none of the above, why sweat? They’re not your competitor and they’re not misleading anyone.

However, if they are, or could start, impinging on your business, you need to act. Your problem, however, is that you don’t own the trademark.

If their registration is Monkey123 (another town) Ltd, they cannot call themselves Monkey123 Ltd. They can, however, brand themselves Monkey123, provided that their company registered name is properly quoted.

They shouldn’t be able to trademark Monkey123 as you have already tried.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
you sell some weird shit on etsy

Who_Dat

Clanker
Bentley (cars) recently lost a case against a totally different company, Bentley (clothing), over their branded goods. Bentley (cars) has been ordered to destroy all its stock of branded clothing.

Latest Threads