Lime Pickle

Any cooks, know a good recipe for a sugar free Lime pickle, I have type II Diabetes, and most of the recipes on the internet have sugar in them, (Before anyone says just leave the sugar out i have done that and it tastes crap).

Down south we have some excellent Asian supermarkets. I know that they would be helpful in finding suitable pickle for you. I guess in Liverpool you should be able to find similarly helpful traders. Next time I am in our local shop I'll ask the question.
brettarider said:
If you are in Liverpool you could always try Lime St station. coat,taxi :roll:
Have you tried the Chinese/Asian Supermarket just off the Dock Rd?
There's also a very good international supermarket on Bold Street - left side as you are walking away from the City centre towards St Luke's church.
C&P from another place:
Hot Lime Pickle:

1 kg. of quartered lemons, 10 grams of fenugreek powder, ¼ katori split mustard seeds, 6 tea spoons of asafetida, 1 katori of chilly powder, 1 katori salt, 20 grams of oil, 1 tea spoon of mustard seeds and ¼ katori turmeric powder.

Apply a little salt and turmeric powder to the lemon pieces and set aside. Grind the split mustard; heat oil and add mustard seeds, asafetida, turmeric and fenugreek powder. When cool, add salt and chilly powder. Mix this masala with the lemon pieces and pack tight into jar. After 2 days, stir pickle thoroughly up and down. Oil should rise to the surface. If this doesn't happen, prepare more tempering with another ½ katori of oil and pour over pickle when cool. This pickle takes some time to mature.

Long Lasting Lime Pickle:

2 kg of fully ripe, yellow limes, free form blemishes. (Soak in water for 8 hours. Wipe and pat dry. Cut into quarters without separating. 2 kg is the net weight of the cut limes). 500 grams of salt and ½ tea spoon of ajwain.

Place one - third of the limes in a jar. Sprinkle salt and a few seeds of ajwain. Repeat another layer of lime, salt and ajwain, and finally a third layer, until all the ingredients have been put in the jar or bharni. Cover and keep in the morning sun for 10 to 15 days, shaking and bharni occasionally. Now keep in a cool dry place until the pickle matures and the outer skin loses its bitterness and becomes soft. It takes a couple of months to mature. This pickle keeps for years.
But where you'll get all those ingredients from, I have no idea !!!

Anyone looking for recipes, I can recommend this place.