lily livered media luvvies

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by samain11, Sep 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Channel 4 have contributed to the war effort by caving in to muslamic threats and pulling Tom Holland's documentary
    on Islam. Nice to see the Media standing shoulder to shoulder with the Military.
  2. Tough one - given what's just happened in Libya and Egypt. Do we enjoy our painfully won freedom and risk some****ed up lunatic (who's probably no idea what it's about but heard from his mate Mo that it's heretical) giving us a painful death anytime between now and the day we die?
    Tough indeed.
  3. The only thing that surprises me is that you seem to be surprised. This is SOP for the mainstream media in both UK and US.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

War effort? Are we at war? No one told me, am I about to get recalled to the Colours?

You are suprised that this has happened?
  5. Haven't they just cancelled the 'repeat' following threats on Tom holland
    How does that affect the military?
  6. I only saw the beginning of this programme and from what i watched it seemed like a fairly standard documentary style programme. Was it hugely controversial or did it just question in a logical, objective way an accepted dogma? I note from yesterdays independent that pressure was brought to bear by such egalitarian organisations as the Iranian state media.
    So much for freedom of speech.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tsk, tsk Ol' Johnny Muslim threatening again, they make their own religion a joke by doing can you take these ***** seriously FFS
  8. Isn't Tom Holland that actor chap who played the leading role of the vicar Timothy Smallbone in the comedy "Rev"? I like his on screen wife the actress Olivia Colman, go on Xhamster put in Peep show and you will see her naked.

As regarding the peace lovin muslim, we could all convert and they would still want to kill us, so feck em.
  9. No, not surprised, just pissed off and angry having just waved junior off on herrick 17 to do his bit and seeing these twats too timid to exercise the right to free speech that better men than them have died for.
  10. Let's all convert then proceed to piss about in mosque. They will love that.
  11. It is available to watch on Channel4OD (or something like that)
  12. Which side were they fighting for when they died?

Because there's no right of free speech in Britain, and there never has been.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. You might be right, but politically correct, media cowardice in the face of Islamist tantrums is not going to help is it.

Oh...and they were fighting for us as evidenced by facts like... our mainstream media are being craven in English instead of German.
  14. Don't know if BB's comment was tongue in cheek but there are certain rights which Britain has signed up to:

Article 19
    Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Whether or not that equates to 'freedom of speech' is debateable.
  15. It was a shite documentary and broadcasting it wouldn't be worth some nutter shooting somebody over.

Also, equating the broadcast of a shite documentary about islam with a tour of Afghanistan is pretty bone imo.
    • Like Like x 1