Lily Allen: I've only ever been sexually assaulted by white males

I'd never even heard any of her stuff up until a few minutes ago, when I decided to see why she's lauded by certain parts of the population.
Having listened to parts (I couldn't make it all the way through any of them) of four of her songs, all I can say is it's mediocre, formulaic shite.
I'm sure the record companies love her, as she's not special enough to be irreplaceable & thus beholden to them for her fortune.
I'll go back to me pink Floyd, Tangerine Dream, Steve Miller & Emmylou Harris now...
You have a point there, but people want formulaic stuff nowadays. People don't give stuff a listen anymore. It's like getting your conk into a challenging book; It's easier to read magazines, because you know what you're about to read.

So it is with music, Simon Cowell creates a band that everyone gets on the first listen, so music stagnates. Some of the best albums I've got are the most challenging to listen to.

Lily should realise she's not a hitmaker anymore and concentrate on making music for herself. I don't like it, you don't either, but she could make a living out of those that do. However, she seems determined to die in a fart of glory.

Her music is to my ears like a pair of explosive Q-Tips soaked in shit. But that's just me, I'm a metal fan.

However, those who like her aural effluent seem to be loyal fans. Her latest offering seems to be critically acclaimed, and even if it's not stormed the charts, fair play. If she gave up the SJW shite and concentrated on making music, she'd probably do well like a lot of slow-burners.

The fact that she hasn't brought a single sexual abuse case to court says it all. She's alienated her fans, can't control herself, and she seems to be eclipsing her talent with this tawdry nonsense. She could be an asset to any record label if she could only square herself away.

It is well known that a lot of celebs, including Ross Kemp and Danny Dyer, use fixers to introduce them to people in dangerous places. I wonder which member of the BNP or EDL, working as a fixer, introduced Lily to that Afghan kid, knowing full well that the truth about his father would soon come out and discredit the poor lass.
Really?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It is well known that a lot of celebs, including Ross Kemp and Danny Dyer, use fixers to introduce them to people in dangerous places. I wonder which member of the BNP or EDL, working as a fixer, introduced Lily to that Afghan kid, knowing full well that the truth about his father would soon come out and discredit the poor lass.
Since the taxman had his share, probably. Hence the book and various TV appearances.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986?
S4A - my bold
4A Intentional harassment, alarm or distress.
(1)A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he—
(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or
(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,
thereby causing that or another person harassment, alarm or distress.

S4A - my bold
4A Intentional harassment, alarm or distress.
(1)A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he—
(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or
(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,
thereby causing that or another person harassment, alarm or distress.
Which means telling someone to their face that they're dumb as a box of rocks & look like a baboon's bottom is now a criminal offence.
Would it be a reasonable defence to show that they were?