Likes Update

A quick update on this as I know it has become a super-star bug. Not good news. I have reinstalled, error hunted, written on support forums, turned off all of ARRSE's modifications that might interfere, checked the database for errors and generally beat my head off anything within reach. Nada.

At the moment I'm waiting on responses from some other webmasters who have previously posted about the same symptoms on support forums, and who now have working sites. I'm going to cut my losses and stop my own bug funding efforts until I hear from them, as the next step will be a time-consuming expedition in to the code that runs the Likes which I'm not familiar with.

In summary, no news, but I am trying and it is certainly not forgotten.

why don't you just bin the Likes? It's not an important function and seems a waste of time to me - if it's costing you time and money I'm sure you could spend elsewhere more usefully

why don't you just bin the Likes? It's not an important function and seems a waste of time to me - if it's costing you time and money I'm sure you could spend elsewhere more usefully
Firstly, thanks Good CO for the update. Secondly, I quite like the LIKE function. I get some Likes and some no replies to what I'v written. I don't just spout off nonsense and try to make what I write funny, amusing or informative and the Like function lets me know when it's c*ap what I've written or not.

And if anyone's going to make smart-arrsed comments to that, well, you can take on The Scarey One. Not pleasant, believe me.

It seems to be getting closer! I can see the pages of likes, but not the comments which have been liked. I only know as I seem to have an influx of likes over the last couple of days and wondered what crap I'd spouting about! But I am non the wiser, I shall have to kill myself.

Ta-ra cruel world.

"Likes" is the only small source of self-esteem I get these days; my life will be dark and depressed if they don't come back.

Latest Threads