Likes not working

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by tiny_lewis, Apr 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, I have received some #likes'... but the "like" button is missing from the threads I am reading....
    • Like Like x 4
  2. That's because. . . no one likes you!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Odd.. working again now.

And you can f*** orf, too, ACAB ;-)
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

You're not trying hard enough.

All together now ...
  5. Feck orf... I'm being 'liked' a bit too much now! cnuts! :)
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Ahh this reminds me of when we tried to get Mr.Random(I think) to be the 1st arrser to a 1000 likes, I think the constant email notifications drove him to suicide.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I tried to get my wife to like me, does that count
  8. For most of this winter, I have been looking at the on-line coverage of the cricket on the Melbourne Age website, what with the forthcoming Ashes series in mind. Periodically, they do polls, today's being on whether they actually need a vice-captain and who would be the best wicket keeper for the tour. Naturally, my choice has been somewhat selective, but always in the best interests of the MCC. Every little helps. Now, that's what "likes" are really for.
  9. I've noticed that after I have written a post and the screen refreshes, the "Like" buttons often disappear. If I then go back to the page via "Last 50" or whatever, the buttons reappear.

I've also noticed that the number of buttons displayed in the blue (or is it grey) button bar below the main "Forum" tab changes from time to time. Sometimes "Quick Links" is at the right-hand end, sometimes there's "My Posts" and sometimes (rarely) there's another one, but I can't remember what it was. I think it started happening about the time of the server change.
  10. (Good CO) I'm not sure about the likes but the menu oddities were a result of BCO and I fiddling with menu changes that caught me out in the recent update. I'll take a look at the likes issue. I think it has been raised before actually, but never investigated by us.
  11. Can we have a Like:post ratio displayed while you're on?

I find it most a important measure of a posters popularity, and can use that as a benchmark as to whether or not to read what they have to say.

I have a ratio of 0.48 at the moment, i'm working hard to get it above 0.5 which will prove I am one of the cool kids.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. You need to be a bit careful, using the word 'fiddling', in this current climate, else you'll be caught out for something else.

"Heavens to Murgatroyd", said Tiny to his hounds over his morning chai. "Look at the headlines - 'COs Arrested For Server Fiddling'; Yewtree must be getting desperate. Oh well, onto the rugby".