"Likes" in Conversations (PMs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it's well known that Mods enjoy browsing our intimate and private messages, but I was surprised to find that "likes" can now be given in the course of private messages.

Apart from the fact that this seems somewhat pointless (no offence to the "liker"), I wondered how visible this is to other site members - i.e. if I go to my profile it appears in "ratings received" with a link to the conversation! I assume that no-one else can access this?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
No-one, bar Admin (who don't), can access your PMs in any way whatsoever.

… Apart from the fact that this seems somewhat pointless …
In "Conversations" (as they are now called, not PMs) you could have multiple participants. Likes fulfill the same purpose there as in the open forum*, where it saves the conversation becoming mired with pointless agree/disagree posts.

*Obviously, the secondary purpose, to agitate the emotionally insecure, is also served.

Why would you meaninglessly answer a reasonable question without reading it and without actually understanding what was being asked?
Cos i want to...same as you eh?..and who says i aint read it properly? ...i still wouldn't GAF however i read it or interpreted it... but still pretty fecking obvious that PM means ...er, something like 'Private message'

Cos i want to...same as you eh?..and who says i aint read it properly? ...i still wouldn't GAF however i read it or interpreted it... but still pretty fecking obvious that PM means ...er, something like 'Private message'
Again, you failed to understand what you were seeing. I didn't meaninglessly answer a question... I asked a question about your propensity to post meaningless drivel in response to the reasonable questions of other users.

Why would you meaninglessly answer a reasonable question without reading it and without actually understanding what was being asked?
He's channelling @Offshore_Harry . The original "I've no idea what this thread's about, but I'm fairly sure I'd like to add to it and it doesn't matter if it's meaningless or what everyone else was thinking, I'm going to post it anyway" f*cking spastic.

Again, you failed to understand what you were seeing. I didn't meaninglessly answer a question... I asked a question about your propensity to post meaningless drivel in response to the reasonable questions of other users.
Yes, you hope that you make actually make sense- or maybe not?.....shame you also like to assume and and post the same meaningless shite that you accuse others off . I know what the Op meant, i also know what i meant ...

Maybe you should just refer to post 4 & 5 ...and leave it a that?

He's channelling @Offshore_Harry . The original "I've no idea what this thread's about, but I'm fairly sure I'd like to add to it and it doesn't matter if it's meaningless or what everyone else was thinking, I'm going to post it anyway" f*cking spastic.

;-) now who's not able to understated some of the post?..... So the OP is is concerned that their PM's can be read following the update .... it's fairly obvious that they can't

I treated it with the contempt the question deserved.... others want to add their bit - give me some verbal based on their assumption of what i meant - their choice - I give some back

All good

;-) now who's not able to understated some of the post?..... So the OP is is concerned that their PM's can be read following the update .... it's fairly obvious that they can't (take a full stop from middle of the sentence somewhere).

I treated it with the contempt the question deserved.... (or one from here) others want to add their bit - give me some verbal based on their assumption of what i meant - their choice - I give some back (put one here).

All good (and one here as well).
Please don't fight me. You're twice my size.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Enough.

Question asked and answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rodney2q The NAAFI Bar 176
eye_spy The NAAFI Bar 5
T OTC and ACF 11