Likes, etc Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like there to be a button that displays one thing to the recipient but the total opposite to everybody else.

Think of it along the lines of a "That's a good idea, Sir" button.

Strange that I have received a like for something but still lack the ability to reciprocate?

Is it China/Russia/North Korea/Iran/Remainers?

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
I think we should just keep the positive buttons.

I've never had to use a negative or neutral rating purely on the basis that I'm more than capable of forming a reasoned argument if I either disagree or dislike someone's content.

Moreover, since the site turbo-mongs (those with little or no military experience, often found dwelling in the Brexit threads) cannot help themselves, it would force them into providing a response, however unintelligent, as opposed to simply hitting the mong buttons and thereby making themselves look even more ridiculous than they do now.

I've never had to use a negative or neutral rating purely on the basis that I'm more than capable of forming a reasoned argument if I either disagree or dislike someone's content.

Moreover, since the site turbo-mongs (those with little or no military experience, often found dwelling in the Brexit threads) cannot help themselves, it would force them into providing a response, however unintelligent, as opposed to simply hitting the mong buttons and thereby making themselves look even more ridiculous than they do now.
Nah.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just bin them anyway. They add nothing beyond giving some keyboard commandos their daily exercise when they wheezily reach for the mouse/touchpad.
While updating is in progress, can we have an icon that wags two fingers vigorously!

What he said. The positive ones allow giving a bit of a feedback without cluttering up the place with "haha, lol, made oi larf, spat my coffee" etc. posts.

The negative ones are just there to be spammed by lunatics.

The negative ones are just there to be spammed by lunatics.
Which may actually be better than endless spittle flecked posts comprising nothing but a few single syllable words of abuse instead of a simple click on a meaningless mong button.

Just a thought.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

That would be a happy compromise. Like you, I have never issued a single negative or neutral rating as they - like the ignore function - are for the weak.

Reasonableness on ARRSE? It'll never catch on.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

I'll just leave these here for anyone who wants them.

Status
Not open for further replies.