Likes busted

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by tiny_lewis, Apr 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To avoid pages of pointless (yes, in the main entertaining) waffling in the other thread, is there any news on why the 'Likes' module is ker-phucked, and when it might be fixed?

• Like Like x 4
  2. The "Likes" are broke? why did nobody say anything?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I have acknowledged this and will look at it, but the ability to see who likes your posts seems so extremely trivial that I haven't had more than a cursory can-I-fix-it-quick look at it until now. Possibly the back end of this week for a deeper look.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Permission to whine and snivel until said time, Sir?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Can I post a "dislike", Sir?

• Like Like x 1
  6. HHH

HHH LE

If it's vitally important for someone to see who "Likes" their posts, just go to "My Posts" and click on each one and you will be able to see if anybody does like it or not.
    Or you could just worry about something that actually means something in real life !

• Like Like x 2
  7. Aside from Ritalin my 'likes' are my only motivation for getting up in the morning.

• Like Like x 5
  8. I thought you preferred rohypnol?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm trained in mathematics. Whilst I appreciate repetition as a concept, I don't actually indulge it if it can possibly be avoided. Please bear in mind that the definition of a mathematician is somebody who will spend 10 years trying to avoid 10 minutes actual work or doing the same twice.

Oh, but it does mean something in real life. Anybody who likes my posts is clearly of a nature such that they should be avoided on the streets. I have a software package that identifies 'likers' and plugs their current location into my GPS. So, if you're walking along a street and somebody gives you a really funny look and crosses over, trust me on this one, it ain't to see what the chicken's up to.

• Like Like x 2

10. It might only be trivial to you good sir, but I have an ego that won't massage itself.

• Like Like x 3
  11. How can GCO be so cruel. The heartless brute! :crying:

• Like Like x 1
  12. I couldn't give a stuff if the like thing works or not. My main concern at this time is should I wear a jacket this morning or not. Like are for kids or Facebook attention seeker types.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

A quick update. I will look at this and have accepted the point that the who-likes-me page is dear to many, which I'm pleased about. Nice to know that these add-ons are appreciated sometimes.

This morning though I do want to try and solve the slow posting issue and I will be tied up with other stuff for the next couple of days, so the fix is not imminent.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Likes from Arrse "stars" are what I crave, **** me it's the only thing that keeps me from drinking Windolene and Diesel!

• Like Like x 1
  15. What the **** are likes?

• Like Like x 2