'Like' button?

There have been several occasions on which I have found a message sufficiently interesting/amusing/pertinent/whatever to want to respond with a smilie or some such but, OTOH, don't want to clutter up the thread with a pile of grinning/scowling icons, no matter how ego-boosting/soul-destroying they may be to the originator.

Is there some means by which we can express appreciation/outright hatred for an individual message (eg, a 'Like/Hate' button)?

------------------

(This message was specifically triggered by the 'come on if you think you're funny enough' thread, but it's a general request).

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so please excuse fat fingers and slips of the keyboard.

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A Cnut button would probably get more use ;-)

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I take it that the 'Rate this Thread' functionality doesn't achieve what you'd like:

rate_thread.jpg

(P.S I know that you don't have all of those menu options available!)

One of the things we've considered is integration with Facebook which would allow you to 'Like' a thread or post so that it appears on there as well. We've held off from doing this as don't think it would be that popular and raises possible security concerns. Any thoughts?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
I take it that the 'Rate this Thread' functionality doesn't achieve what you'd like:

(P.S I know that you don't have all of those menu options available!)

One of the things we've considered is integration with Facebook which would allow you to 'Like' a thread or post so that it appears on there as well. We've held off from doing this as don't think it would be that popular and raises possible security concerns. Any thoughts?
I don't think Facebook are ready for some of the posts / threads that appear on here.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Facebook - !!!!

personally I am not a great fan of Facebook. I was persuaded to start a profile on it and probably visit that once a month, more out of curiosity than anything else. I have a few 'friends' from Arrse on there and unless you set up your profile with the Arrse username then your PERSEC is right out of the window :(

However, so many companies are now starting to use Facebook that this should be looked at seriously to see how we can use to the best. I am still doubtful about PERSEC, OPSEC and also the possibility of hacking which Facebook may open up.

If ARRSE did not go down this route I would not lose any sleep, but then again same if you did.

Thing to remember is if username 'fucknuts' thinks "Oh, there is Facebook for ARRSE, let's link in" then he suddenly becomes Pte I M Dumb of 1st Bn Loamshiers to everyone, complete with dumb pics.

Sounds like a good idea, a couple of other forums similar to ARRSE do a "Thanks" option to posts
Works well because it cuts down unnecessary posts applauding a particular post, it's a simple click and in regards to Facebook and PERSEC it's all cool :)

Attachments

I think the idea of a stand-alone (not connected to fb) button system (just a couple, maybe "like", "you're a cnut" and "wah" ought to do the trick, rather than over complicating things).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Whiskybreath The Intelligence Cell 50
R Classified Ads 0
Myss Classified Ads 0