Lights in the sky

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Chef, Jan 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About five minutes ago I observed a group of six lights in the sky heading towards Northolt, followed about thirty seconds later by a single one.

They were all street light amber and constant, I would have thought that even allowing for atomospherics aircraft lights flash, these were constant and moving at about the speed of a helicopter/traffic radio plane.

I don't have a tinfoil hat but can sombody give me an idea as to what they might have been?

2. No idea. But I've had a spectacularly sh1tty day, so I'm hoping for a full-scale Alien Invasion. :evil:

I could use a laugh. :twisted:

3. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

You fell over and its the bog lights

4. NO NO NO I was standing outside my front door! You are all men in black and I claim my five dollars!(Which I will now spend on tinfoil!)

5. Dude they were lanterns, have you any idea of the amount of clearence the FBI need to fly UFO's over the uk ?

6. People let them off all the time. Usually in celebration for weddings, etc.

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Put down that pint of Stella and move away from the keyboard :D

8. I agree with them being lanterns - I wondered what the hell they were first time I saw them too!

Geek mode

No visible satellite passes for the UK at all this late in the evening, so that rules out spacey explanations.

/Geek mode

9. Nah, nothing at all. Unless your a tiger, other than that it could be a celebration for topping another drug mule.

10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I saw a bunch of these over my place months ago - I nearly broke my neck grabbing my camera, then I looked again. duh. :oops:

11. Its the people from Pandora come to get their own back on our invasion of their planet. If you start seeing 7' aliens with funny ears and tails just contact James Cameron of "Avatar" fame....oh and if one of them is Sam Worthington let me know! :)

12. Owls. No need for red/green or anti collisioin lights. Now pass me the meths ya bassa!