Lights blue touch paper and stands back!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BiscuitsAB, Jun 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

2. Bloody typical -- 6 months effort by god knows how many people at a few million quid to come up with the following.

"But Peter Davies, the director of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection centre (Ceop), which carried out the research, warned against jumping to conclusions on the ethnicity of offenders because the data gathered by his investigators was incomplete, not nationwide and of poor quality"

These Quango's certainly know how to spend money - just wish they would learn about "value for money"
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Statistics can prove anything, so yes, 26% is a smaller number. But we're always told that less than 3% of the population are Asian, which translates as 85% of them are abusers.

Simples. :-D
  4. I think it's likely that having found this political hot potato they needed to play it down.
  5. All it seems to prove is that 26% of those caught were asians. This could mean "they" aren't very good at it(?).
    (Isn't China classed as Asia)?
  6. Bet there all cousins as well!
  7. so 74% aren't asian, does this just prove that perves come from all backgrounds
  8. So 26% of those identified are Asian.
    Why are 94% of convictions Asian then?

Rather a large difference.
  9. Because everyone is racist, innit.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Or indeed that 74% of abusers aren't Asian. Let's lock up all those whiteys just in case I... erm, they.. they're a danger to their... ah, I mean our children.
  11. Better evidence against them? Stupidity or carelessness on the part of the culprit? Families less willing to cover up for a tamperer? Pixies?
  12. Do you not think that somebody from a culture much different from ours is not likely to do something that we consider to be child abuse but their culture does not? I do.
  13. Does this mean Gary Glitter is a paki?
  14. Every time I've gone up some1's Gary it's been brown!
    • Like Like x 1