Lighters

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by imasapper, Jun 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where I can get a decent windproof lighter from?

2. The zippo shop mate!!

3. Gas, petrol, electric or just a glow?

4. Something strong enough to light hexi and not blow out.

5. [​IMG]

Sainsbury's or Tesco

6. I'll have a look at the zippo ones then, cheers

7. Cotswold Camping do a nice line of Turbo Flame lighters for about £6. Had mine years and has worked in the wet, arctic, desert etc. Runs off gas and would recommend it.

8. Problem with a cook's torch and the one from maplins is that it's a bit too big, I just want something small and simple. I'll have another look around, the Cotswold one sounds good.

9. Blacks, Millets (10% discount with MOD 90) Tiso, any of those tobogganist places, Saw Centre used to do somthing similar to the blowtorch for low heat welding of plastic pipes, ran off disposable lighters, the places that advertise in the back of Soldier possibly.

10. A gold Dupont, and carry a windbreak. Anything else lacks style.

11. Zippo every time. Free refill from the nearest landy when you're ex :).

And they really mean the unconditional lifetime guarantee. Got three that I return one at a time every few years and they come back working like new. Had a mate who ran over one with a road roller. Sent it back as a laugh & they "fixed" it (new insides and case).

12. This lighter is very good. It produces a flame like the back end of the Batmobile! It's made by Silva, the compass company.

http://www.completeoutdoors.co.uk/John's-Gadgets/Other-Gadgets/Silva-Helios-Storm-Lighter

13. This lighter is very good. It produces a flame like the back end of the Batmobile! It's made by Silva, the compass company.

http://www.completeoutdoors.co.uk/John's-Gadgets/Other-Gadgets/Silva-Helios-Storm-Lighter

14. I think you'll find the Land Rovers are all diesel now and the fuel tank is no longer under the seat! Showing your age matey!

Diesel in a zippo? No thanks!