Lighter socket on scooter/ bike

It was some bastard in hiding over the brow of a hill, to catch you when you go a little faster, before throttling back.

It was 36mph and the cut-off is 35 mph..... only found out when I got the letter
So it was a 30mph zone?

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
yup, as I said originally, it's almost impossible to see the speedo, so you just try to keep in with the prevailing traffic, which I was.

No big deal, I'll pay the fine, but want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Got a Tom Tom app on my phone, tried it in the car and it worked great..... only snag was the warning alert wasn't loud enough- didn't think an earphone was a good idea on the scooter.
Even more money to consider but you can get moulded earplugs with blue tooth built in. Years of ignorance on my part has given me tinnitus. I sold my Garmin as the phone does it all and now with wireless charging it's even easier.

Hello 23A this is 2 send LocStat. Over.
23A I'm proceeding East on the blue toward the target location. Over.

Cue entire B Squadron looking at the map of Forst for an Autobahn of which there were none on the map. Then, in 22A, I saw him in three feet of water going under the bridge into the centre of the village, having avoided all the roadblocks. Respeck.

Hello 2 this is 23A. Fetch Bluebell. I've thrown a track in three feet of water trying to neutral turn on shingle to mount the bank.

Oh how we larfed.
All easily avoided by taking The Obvious Candystripe.

Even more money to consider but you can get moulded earplugs with blue tooth built in. Years of ignorance on my part has given me tinnitus. I sold my Garmin as the phone does it all and now with wireless charging it's even easier.
I had (until I upgraded my phone to one without a headphone socket) some Shure sound isolating headphone - effectively a (decent) foam earplug with the headphone speaker in them.

Really good bits of kit.

Like these:

I have a cheapo "X" type phone holder that includes a charger, just remember to turn it off,or it will flatten the battery. A Bluetooth headset fitted in the helmet and waze or Camsam or AmiGo on the phone.

ste14w

MIA
Got a cheap Garmin, £90, lovely loud bonging noises, use it in the car, but tried it jerry- rigged on the scooter, and it works well, but internal battery has short life.

Waterproof isn't really a problem, just chuck it in the top box if it rains, it's going behind the windscreen, so will be pretty well protected most of the time.

Ordered a socket yesterday, but don't feel confident to wire it up myself....... thanks for your replies.
What make and model is the scooter?
A mate of mine is a scooter nut, he's done his, reckons it's quite cheap.
He suggests a USB may be easier.

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
What make and model is the scooter?
A mate of mine is a scooter nut, he's done his, reckons it's quite cheap.
He suggests a USB may be easier.

Honda sh125 Mode....... thanks.

Although my last scooter, old Clever Clogs wired up a socket to charge my phone and fried the battery...... makes you a bit nervous..... supposed to be a ciggie socket on its way from Amazon.

ste14w

MIA

Although my last scooter, old Clever Clogs wired up a socket to charge my phone and fried the battery...... makes you a bit nervous..... supposed to be a ciggie socket on its way from Amazon
Ha, yeah, frying the battery does nothing for your confidence.
I've just spoken to him, he reckons £40 is what a garage should be charging to fit it.
That's based on the West Mids, prices will obviously vary nationwide, but not by much, I think.

triggerigger

On ROPS
On ROPs
Got a cheap Garmin, £90, lovely loud bonging noises, use it in the car, but tried it jerry- rigged on the scooter, and it works well, but internal battery has short life.

Waterproof isn't really a problem, just chuck it in the top box if it rains, it's going behind the windscreen, so will be pretty well protected most of the time.

Ordered a socket yesterday, but don't feel confident to wire it up myself....... thanks for your replies.
Get a man in .

Although my last scooter, old Clever Clogs wired up a socket to charge my phone and fried the battery...... makes you a bit nervous..... supposed to be a ciggie socket on its way from Amazon.
My 2020 SH125i has a built in charge usb socket, under the seat which can be extended.

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
My 2020 SH125i has a built in charge usb socket, under the seat which can be extended.

I knew the next model was coming up, but mine's the 2018, analogue speedo etc.

Still been a cracking machine apart from the styling, they should be making them more like a Vespa in my opinion, a nice glove box in front of you would have been a more sensible place for a socket, but they're designed more for the Asian market, have to leave that space free to tie up 3 chickens and still leave room for a family of 4 on the scooter.

Don.t know if you've come across them, but I've got visors, windscreen, top boxes from Bangood or CMPO for a quarter of the Honda prices, decent quality too.

Last edited:
Thinking of adding a screen and handguards this year, will have a look at Bangood, as I use the scooter for commuting to work in all weathers, it is the only reliable way to get around in Cambridge without resorting to cycling!

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
Thinking of adding a screen and handguards this year, will have a look at Bangood, as I use the scooter for commuting to work in all weathers, it is the only reliable way to get around in Cambridge without resorting to cycling!

That's the screen I bought, very good...... I think Honda wanted over double for the same thing

Good top box too.....carries a lot of gear.

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
Just an afterthought, anyone getting one of these windscreens........they are fastened to the studs on the mirrors by a strap with a couple of backnuts.

Therefore the top of the windscreen sends vibrations down, due to buffeting of the wind, and tends to loosen the fixing nuts every week or two.

I replaced them with Nyloc nuts, which are very hard to dislodge.....

I think it saves the middle fxing from cracking the windscreen holes as well....... must have been on for a couple of years now.