Lighter socket on scooter/ bike

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
Anyone put one of these on ?

It's really difficult to read the speedo on my scooter, while avoiding dogs, small children, taxis pulling out of side roads etc, and as I'm now awaiting a £100 fine for going over by 1mph, I want to fit a sat nav that gives me audible warning, on my windscreen.

What sort of cost is involved ?

JCC

LE

It's really difficult to read the speedo on my scooter, while avoiding dogs, small children, taxis pulling out of side roads etc, and as I'm now awaiting a £100 fine for going over by 1mph, I want to fit a sat nav that gives me audible warning, on my windscreen.

Might be better with a USB socket?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Second hand phone running Waze (other apps are available) if the phone isn't waterproof get a cheap waterproof case.

Charge phone when not On the bike.

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
Got a cheap Garmin, £90, lovely loud bonging noises, use it in the car, but tried it jerry- rigged on the scooter, and it works well, but internal battery has short life.

Waterproof isn't really a problem, just chuck it in the top box if it rains, it's going behind the windscreen, so will be pretty well protected most of the time.

Ordered a socket yesterday, but don't feel confident to wire it up myself....... thanks for your replies.

How badly did you fail the attitude test to get done for 1mph over?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
How badly did you fail the attitude test to get done for 1mph over?

My mum got let off a speeding ticket on her BSA bantam, by trying to insist on having a ticket as proof it went that fast.

I am very basic at electrics (ie can change a plug / socket but not much else), but managed to install one on my old Fazer 600. Just think about where you'll be routing the cables so they don't get pinched anywhere when on full steering lock.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
There are a selection of waterproof ones made (but also priced) for the marine market.

might come in useful
1630406963855.png

Hello 23A this is 2 send LocStat. Over.
23A I'm proceeding East on the blue toward the target location. Over.

Cue entire B Squadron looking at the map of Forst for an Autobahn of which there were none on the map. Then, in 22A, I saw him in three feet of water going under the bridge into the centre of the village, having avoided all the roadblocks. Respeck.

Hello 2 this is 23A. Fetch Bluebell. I've thrown a track in three feet of water trying to neutral turn on shingle to mount the bank.

Oh how we larfed.