Light at the end of the tunnel

Some of you will have come across my comments regards my mental health over the years and where I’m at now.
Well today I got my driving license back after 7 years.
I lost it in 2014 when my mental health was was in full meltdown. I’d split with my missus because she couldn’t deal with me no more and I was drinking like a fish!
I crashed my car on a country lane and ended up in a field! I spent 6 months in a spinal brace and was lucky to be alive.
I can now wake up tomorrow and the world is there to be taken!
I’m hoping to do volunteer work with veterans and having the ability to go to different places still seems like a dream!
I’ve gone through a long journey but as much as I’ve wanted to give back, not being able to travel has always restricted my hopes!
There is light at the end of the tunnel with the right support and I hope now I can now be light!!
S&B

964ST

War Hero
Some of you will have come across my comments regards my mental health over the years and where I’m at now.
I lost it in 2014 when my mental health was was in full meltdown. I’d split with my missus because she couldn’t deal with me no more and I was drinking like a fish!
I crashed my car on a country lane and ended up in a field! I spent 6 months in a spinal brace and was lucky to be alive.
I’m hoping to do volunteer work with veterans and having the ability to go to different places still seems like a dream!
I’ve gone through a long journey but as much as I’ve wanted to give back, not being able to travel has always restricted my hopes!
There is light at the end of the tunnel with the right support and I hope now I can now be light!!
S&B
What’s your BMI?

Nothing personal just doing a survey, good luck volunteering it should reward you immensely. As they say in Germanland “keep the ears stiff!”
No worries For your survey I’m 6”1, 45 years old and 90kgs. And I smoke 15/20 a day.
I’ve spent the past 14 years with no motivation other than to get hammered and put my head up my arse!
Now I have the strength to make things different, I do 50 miles on my bike in just under 3.5 hours which I know isn’t fast but it’s good enough for me!
I’ve now set a goal to do a super sprint triathlon in October and if I complete it, I can put my past to bed and realise it was just a moment in time.
All the best

964ST

War Hero
Apart from that member from the Chief of Staff “General Apathy” affecting your former well being, have you had your health checked ( probably a dirty theme for a male) but things like thyroid dysfunction can have an affect on “mood, drive, tiredness”.

But you have set a positive goal which is admiral, let us know how you are progressing :)

Whining Civvy

War Hero
S&B
Well done mate, it's always good to see someone pull it together, especially after such a long run off the rails. You've got some tough stuff in you pal.

Fugging well done ! I wish a long and happy future for you.

Apart from that member from the Chief of Staff “General Apathy” affecting your former well being, have you had your health checked ( probably a dirty theme for a male) but things like thyroid dysfunction can have an affect on “mood, drive, tiredness”.

But you have set a positive goal which is admiral, let us know how you are progressing :)
Hiya mate,
Just to reply in short I was diagnosed with CPTSD, over 16 months I did nearly 100 sessions of therapy and I feel a different man now. Without getting deep my childhood was the root cause and I joined the army because it brought structure and family in my life. But other experiences exacerbated the problem

I do 50 miles on my bike in just under 3.5 hours which I know isn’t fast but it’s good enough for me!
It's better than I can manage... on a CB125.

It’s better than I can manage. On anything !
Without wanting to sound like a dick! I’m presuming you are wheelchair bound?
The reason I ask is because I often watch a music video by Rudimental called “ waiting all night” and in the video is the story of a bmx rider who gets hit in an accident and how he loses his leg and then battles to overcome his loss.
To me it’s inspiring and motivated me with my mental health issues to come to terms with life and not give in

Yep , I am meant to be , but to the annoyance of my family I often escape the chair strapping on legs and arms to create havoc wherever I go. I can do many things the bipeds can , not as well, but I'll have a bash anyway, there are a few things that are beyond me , Drill, Trapeze work oh and skiing .
I set my self targets , challenges, it creates an incentive to keep the grey matter working and not vegitate .
Its all in the mind, anything is possible.

Latest Threads