Ligament Damage in foot, AOSB Briefing in 6 weeks, do I postpone... again?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by A-roc, Jul 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello All,

This is my first post. Pity it's about something so bloody annoying and not something exciting.

I'm set to go to AOSB Briefing at the end of August (6 weeks) But ive just damaged the ligaments in my foot, (twisted it circuit training, now its bruised up like mad)

Anyway, I figure, if it takes 2 weeks to heal, I still have 4 weeks to get back on the old fitness after a bit of recovery.

Thing is, if it all goes pear shaped and I can't recover on time. Then I might have to postpone.... Again!

I postponed a few weeks back because I pulled a muscle only a few days before I was due to go to Westbury. That injury has recovered, but this is a different level.

Anyway, Will the Army think I'm a bloody liabilty/ Soft sod if I postpone again? And will they deem me a time waster and at the very worst automatically say I am unsuitable for this career?

Sorry for rambling, but after a load of training, stupid injuries are the last thing I need.

Many thanks

2. Yes, it's very frustrating isn't it Sentinel?

Nice to see someone in the same boat though :)

Yes i read that "you WILL NOT be able to rebook your briefing for 6 months" on the confirmation email.

As for comparing injuries. I like it! I've just taken a couple of pics for the crack. looks like i have a single, blue, bruised Can-kle!